Substance Use Disorder Therapist
Agency Name: Barry County CMH Authority
Agency Contact: Allie Davis
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Barry
- Salary Range: 0 per Hour
- Send applications to: email@example.com
- Please include your resume when applying.
- Download this job posting.
Barry County Community Mental Health Authority
Barry County Community Mental Health Authority (BCCMHA) provides mental health and substance abuse services to residents of Barry County, in an accessible and affordable manner. Our goal is to provide treatment, recovery, and hope for individuals in the most effective, least restrictive level of care, and to create the best possible environment for independence and wellness for people living with mental illnesses, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and / or substance use disorders.
The primary function of this position is to provide substance abuse and/or mental health services to clients of the agency. This may include, but is not limited to, individual conjoint, family, Intensive Outpatient (including SA IOP) and group interventions at the clinic; services may also be provided at the jail, hospital, or any other appropriate location, based on client and clinic need. This position provides the necessary service to the case, i.e. evaluation, diagnosis, intervention, case coordination, and record keeping. Flexibility in work schedule as needed for provision of services to individual clients and their families. This position will be knowledgeable about and actively support:
1) Culturally competent, recovery based practices,
2) Person centered planning as a shared decision making process with the individual, who defines his or her own life goals and is assisted in developing a unique path toward those goals, and
3) A trauma informed culture of safety to aid clients in their recovery process.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time with the agency’s needs. The applicant may be required to perform addition and/or different job duties than those described.
• Conduct individual, group, conjoint, and family therapy sessions. This also includes intervention in client crisis situations.
• Perform intake interviews to determine appropriateness of treatment. This includes making evaluations and assessments.
• Conduct SA IOP services as needed.
• Participate in team evaluating meetings with other staff members to coordinate treatment.
• Maintain accurate and complete client case files.
• Coordinate activities with other social service agencies and make necessary arrangements for the utilization of these resources by clients.
• Provide quality documentation as required by the standards derived from the Department of Community Health, Medicaid, CARF, and agency standards and policy.
• Serve as an advocate for the client and/or client group within and outside of the agency.
Education, Experience, and Certification
• Licensed Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor
• Two years of experience in providing direct services to clients in substance abuse or related behavioral health services
• CADC/CAADC/MCBAP certification preferred