Agency Name: Mid-State Health Network
Agency Contact: Amanda Ittner
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Other
- Salary Range: $51,670-$81,670 per Year
- Send applications to: email@example.com
- Please include your resume when applying.
- Download this job posting.
Under the general supervision of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Financial Specialist assists with a variety of functions in the accounting cycle. Responsibilities include coordinating and assisting with the following: budget preparation, budget monitoring and other various financial reports required by funding sources and outside agencies. In addition, this position will be responsible for performing site reviews, accounts payable activities, and claims processes. Responsible for carrying out all activities in accordance with MSHN policies, procedures, regulatory and compliance requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field;
• 2 years working experience in accounting, finance, public administration, or a related field;
• 2 years work experience in healthcare
• Proven experience in contract negotiation
• 2 years working experience in auditing/fiscal reviews;
• Thorough working knowledge of the principles and practices of governmental accounting, finance, and budgeting;
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of continuous quality improvement;
• Working knowledge of administrative principles and practices including goal setting and program budget development and implementation;
• Experience in contract management (procurement, negotiation, executing, and monitoring) in the health sector
• Knowledge of methods and techniques of research, statistical analysis and report presentation; and
• Flexibility to meet obligations outside of normal business hours.
• Master’s degree in Business or Public Administration
• Knowledge of methods and techniques of research, statistical analysis, and report presentation;
• Experience in financial management in the health sector;
• Experience in a Pre-Paid Inpatient Health Plan (PIHP) or Community Mental Health Services Program (CMHSP);
• Contract management and oversight experience;
• Knowledge of all federal statutes surrounding participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs; and
• Knowledge of Michigan’s Mental Health Code and Public Health Code governing substance abuse services.