Substance Use Disorder Director
Agency Name: Region 10 PIHP
Agency Contact: Linda Hall
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: St. Clair
- Salary Range: Starting at $79,000 per Year
- Send applications to: https://www.region10pihp.org/about-us/employment-opportunities/
- Please include your resume when applying.
- Download this job posting.
Position: Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Director
Closing Date: Open until Filled
Starting Salary: $79,000
Hours/Schedule: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Location: Port Huron, MI
Start Date: Immediately
$1500.00 SIGN ON BONUS
Region 10 is committed to being a premier employer by enhancing the lives of our team and supporting their growth as people and professionals. We provide competitive wage scales that reward experience and performance, ongoing career development and training opportunities, excellent health coverage, generous paid time off with additional performance-based incentives, 12 paid holidays, flexible scheduling, and a comprehensive benefit program. The health and safety of our staff is a top priority, and we have implemented a COVID 19 preparedness and response plan to ensure this.
If you are looking for rewarding and meaningful work within a supportive, high-performing team in a positive, enthusiastic environment, we encourage you to apply at:
An employee at this level is required to perform some or all of the following duties, which do not include all tasks to be performed:
• Primary oversight of the area of Substance Use Disorder services
• Coordinate efforts to implement MDHHS contract requirements related to SUD services
• Act as lead staff liaison to the SUD Advisory Board
• Represent Region 10 PIHP at various state and regional level meetings
• Monitor SUD related expenditures on an ongoing basis, including specialty grants, regional allocations,
• Coordinate regional SUD Strategic Plan which is required every three years, including annual updates
• Manage SUD program initiatives and projects
• Provide oversight to SUD provider contracts and service rates
• Coordinate with the Contract Management department regarding contract development, RFP process
(if necessary), and ongoing monitoring of SUD provider contracts
• Lead for coordinating MDHHS audits related to SUD services
• Provide supervision to SUD Department staff
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AN EMPLOYEE MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING CREDENTIALS, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE)
• Master’s Degree in related field
• Five Years of experience working at Pre-Paid Inpatient Health Plan (PIHP) and/or Community Mental Health (CMH)
• Three Years of experience working in Substance Use Disorder provider network
• Two Years of experience supervising staff
• Experience in public speaking and presentations to boards and community agencies
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent writing skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of State of Michigan Medicaid Provider Manual
• Demonstrated knowledge of MDHHS-PIHP contract language
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Demonstrated knowledge of SUD requirements
• Demonstrated knowledge of Balanced Budget Act requirements
• Ingenuity is required to adapt, alter, or improvise alternatives when unexpected situations occur
• Ability to exercise discretion and some flexibility in selecting an optimal solution from established
alternatives to obtain the desired outcome
• Ability to use or exert influence in a work process
• Ability to provide, exchange, or explain information which conveys an opinion or evaluation of the facts
• Ability to develop and/or maintain effective work relationships with new, established or non-receptive
individuals/organizations through tact, diplomacy and persuasion
• Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License
• Must have access to transportation
• MCBAP Certification
• Experience in the area of Quality Improvement
• Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
• When applying, be sure to include evidence that the minimum qualifications are met (resume, copy of license, copy of educational transcripts, description of years of experience, skill-based experience/training, letters of reference, etc.).
• This position will be hired as employment-at-will.
• Any offer of employment is contingent upon a Criminal Background Check, as well as a 5 Panel Drug Screen.
• Region 10 PIHP embraces an employment environment that promotes recovery and discovery, a person-centered approach to treatment/services, and cultural competence. An employee in this or any position is expected to support the employment environment.
• Region 10 PIHP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Region 10 PIHP complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Keywords: Full time, healthcare, mental health, behavioral health, Community Mental Health, Substance Abuse, Substance Use disorder, health plan, managed care, Healthcare administration, health insurance, St. Clair County, Port Huron, CMH, PIHP, government, social services, administration, administrative support, provider network management.