Program Nurse (LPN)
Agency Name: Hope Network
Agency Contact: Stephanie Dwars
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Kent
- Salary Range: $22-27 per Hour
- Send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your resume when applying.
The LPN is a key associate at Hope Network whose primary responsibilities include: The overall purpose is to assist the Program Manager and/or Program Nurse- in the operation of the program. This includes assisting in scheduling, orientation, communication, monitoring operation of the medication administration and direct client health care of participants in an Acute Detoxification and Residential treatment program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of job functions. This job description is in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties as assigned.
1. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
2. Dispense, monitor and evaluate client medications.
3. Procure all medications and supplies necessary to adequately stock the med room.
4. Sort and put away all cycle meds monthly.
5. Take and transcribe doctor’s orders as needed.
6. Monitor and treat chronic and emergency medical conditions and illnesses within the advisement of affiliate physicians.
7. Act as general consultant on medical and health related issues.
8. Coordinate and implement quality assurance procedures to protect clients, staff, and their associates.
9. Document medical treatment and health status in individual records for continuity of care and treatment team reference per regulatory standards.
10. Provide leadership, support, and direction to staff to facilitate communication, problem solving, program development, and orientation of new residents.
11. Supervise residents directly or is aware of general whereabouts of residents (depending upon assessed level of independence) as needed.
12. Participate in the development of and implements individual treatment groups for residents.
a. Provides observational data information for evaluation and treatment planning purposes.
b. Communicates with supervisor and designated clinical staff regarding resident and program issues.
13. Supervise and/or provides hands-on assistance in residents’ activities of daily living
14. Ability to travel to and within program homes and other programs as assigned.
15. Intervene in crisis situations using approved methods promoting the safety of all residents.
16. Follow general safety practices performing tasks necessary for the safe operation of the program. Enforces safety guidelines for residents. Reports any unsafe conditions and/or any need for repairs to supervisor.
17. Complete duties and assignments as outlined in staff manual or shift responsibilities list.
18. Successfully complete all required trainings. Attend other training or in-services as assigned by supervisor.
19. Participate in the orientation and training of new staff members, and student training programs.
20. Ensure medical compliance with all regulatory bodies (i.e. OSHA, licensing, CARF, etc.).
21. Communicate relevant medical issues with staff and program management.
22. Participate in the on-call rotation as defined by the specific program.
23. Other duties, as assigned.
Educational / Talent Requirements:
1. Degree or diploma as required for licensure as a licensed practical nurse with experience in providing medical services in a residential setting preferred.
2. Current and valid professional license as a licensed practical nurse required.
3. Demonstrated leadership skills. preferred
4. Demonstrated ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats to meet position responsibilities.
5. Ability to interact with staff and clients of diverse populations required.
6. Current driver’s license with acceptable driving record according to Hope Network policy
Work Experience Requirements:
1. Minimum of one (1) year experience in a residential setting, preferred