Peer Support Specialist I or II
Agency Name: Livingston County CMH Authority
Agency Contact: Lorne McKenzie
- Position Type: Part Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Livingston
- Salary Range: Peer Support Specialist I: Starting $13.58 per hour - Ending $17.66 per hour ; Peer Support Specialist II: Starting $16.68 per hour - Ending $21.69 per hour per Hour
- Send applications to: https://cmhliv.applicantpool.com/jobs
- Please include your resume when applying.
MI-AROSCPSS I or II RPT2420220415
Peer Support Specialist I or II
• Apr 15, 2022 to May 15, 2022
• MI-Adult / ROSC (SUD)
• Howell, MI, USA
• Peer Support Specialist I: Starting $13.58 per hour – Ending $17.66 per hour ; Peer Support Specialist II: Starting $16.68 per hour – Ending $21.69 per hour
• Part Time
Position: Part-time Peer Support Specialist
Livingston County Community Mental Health is a public mental health services provider located in Livingston County, Michigan, between Detroit and Lansing. We are a team joined by the shared vision to create a healthy and rewarding life in the community for everyone. Our multidisciplinary group works together to serve individuals with a wide array of needs in order to create individualized pathways to wellness, resilience, recovery and self-determination. We currently have an opening on our Complex Care Team that serves individuals with mental health, substance abuse and chronic physical health needs. We are seeking a passionate peer support specialist to join us in our efforts to serve our community’s most vulnerable individuals.
Peer Support Specialists look forward to:
– Meaningful, rewarding work
– Opportunity to share your recovery story to help others
– Opportunities to develop a broad range of clinical skills in work with adults
– Regular and accessible clinical supervision
– A supportive team of colleagues
– A positive work environment
– Flexible scheduling
– Ability to take on special projects and/or interests
– Opportunities for advancement
– Advanced training in evidence-based treatments such as:
And many more!
– Electronic health record – no paper charting
Salary: Regular Part-time (24 hours per week): Certified Peer Support II: Starting: $16.68 per hour – Ending $21.69 per hour
Peer Support I: Starting $13.58 per hour – Ending $17.66 per hour
– Comprehensive benefits package including:
Long-term Disability insurance
Optional Tax Deferred Retirement 457 savings account
Generous paid time off – Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holiday
13 Paid Holidays per year (4 are floating – you pick)
Benefit Menu plan with additional choices not covered here.
Complex Care Peer Support Role:
This is a regular part-time (24 hours/week) position as peer support specialist for adults with serious mental illness and chronic physical health conditions. Under the guidance of the lead clinician, peer support specialist will provide health coaching including education and skill-building in all areas of health and wellness. Peer support specialist will assist consumers in accessing community resources and healthcare services, supports consumers in developing recovery plans and provides education on wellness and recovery from mental illness, substance use and chronic health conditions. Peer support specialists will advocate for health needs, coordinate care with medical professionals, co-facilitate health groups and assist consumers in accessing community resources. Services are primarily provided to consumers in healthcare settings and in the community. Peer support specialist facilitates care coordination activities with mental health and medical providers as a part of a multidisciplinary team. Peer Support Specialists work under the supervision of the Mental Health Program Director and Program Coordinator.
Requirements to join us:
Candidates must be committed to our shared values including clinical excellence, community inclusion, community benefit, innovation, integrated care and improvement. Peer support specialist must have strong engagement skills and nonjudgmental approach. Our collaborative approach to treatment requires strong teaming skills. Peer support specialist must be comfortable in working in medical settings, advocating for medical needs and teaming with integrated health professionals. Experience as a nursing assistant or medical assistant is desirable. Some evening hours may be required. A valid MI driver’s license is required.
Peer staff must have a high school diploma and experience as a primary consumer in recovery from substance use or co-occurring disorder.
Certified Peer Support II: must have completed Michigan training and obtained certification as a peer support specialist.