Mental Health/Substance Use Clinician
Agency Name: Barry County CMH Authority
Agency Contact: Allie Davis
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Barry
- Salary Range: 0 per Hour
- Send applications to: email@example.com
- Please include your resume when applying.
- Download this job posting.
Barry County Community Mental Health Authority
Barry County Community Mental Health Authority (BCCMHA) provides mental health and substance abuse services to residents of Barry County, in an accessible and affordable manner. Our goal is to provide treatment, recovery, and hope for individuals in the most effective, least restrictive level of care, and to create the best possible environment for independence and wellness for people living with mental illnesses, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and / or substance use disorders.
The primary function of this position is to provide mental health and/or substance abuse services to clients of the agency. This may include, but is not limited to, individual conjoint, family, Intensive Outpatient and group interventions at the clinic; services may also be provided at the jail, hospital, or any other appropriate location, based on client and clinic need. This position provides the necessary service to the case, i.e. evaluation, diagnosis, intervention, case coordination, and record keeping. Flexibility in work schedule as needed for provision of services to individual clients and their families. This position will be knowledgeable about and actively support:
1) Culturally competent, recovery based practices,
2) Person centered planning as a shared decision making process with the individual, who defines his or her own life goals and is assisted in developing a unique path toward those goals, and
3) A trauma informed culture of safety to aid clients in their recovery process.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time with the agency’s needs. The applicant may be required to perform addition and/or different job duties than those described.
• Conduct individual, group, conjoint, and family therapy sessions. These sessions may take at nursing homes, client’s home, jail, hospital, or any other appropriate location, based on client and clinic need. This also includes intervention in client crisis situations.
• Conduct evaluations and consultations for families and children requesting mental health services, make appropriate referrals within BCCMHA and coordinate with other services in Barry County and surrounding communities.
• Ensure the family unit is the focus of treatment using the family plan of services that is developed in partnership with family members and other agencies through the person centered planning process and that identifies child and family strengths and needs, determines appropriate intervention and identifies supports and resources.
• Coordinate individual therapy, family therapy, group therapy, crisis intervention, services coordination and family collateral contacts.
• Develop and implement a treatment plan with behavioral goals related to positive skill development and development of age appropriate social behaviors.
• Participate in team evaluation meetings with other staff members in order to coordinate treatment, both inside and outside the agency, updating records as appropriate.
• Maintain accurate and complete client case files, recording essential information in client’s records and documenting the progress of clients as stipulated in agency policy, by the end of the business day.
• Coordinate activities with other social service agencies and make necessary arrangements for the utilization of these resources by clients.
• Must be available for emergency interventions as required by the agency.
• Provide quality documentation, relating to service delivery, as required by the standards derived from the Department of Health and Human Services, Medicaid, CARF and agency standards and policies. Ensure that all paperwork is kept up-to-date and all timeliness standards are met.
• Serve as an advocate for the client and/or client group within and outside of the agency.
• Fully Licensed Social Worker
• Two years of experience in providing direct services to clients
• Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally
• Good judgment in decision making
• Qualities of sincerity, empathy and self-assurance