Mental Health Assistant
Agency Name: Livingston County CMH Authority
Agency Contact: Megan Pickering
- Position Type: Part Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Livingston
- Salary Range: $16.68 Per Hour per Hour
- Send applications to: https://cmhliv.applicantpool.com/jobs
- Please include your resume when applying.
Mental Health Assistant
April 12, 2022 to May 12, 2022
• DD / PERS
• Howell, MI, USA
• $16.68 Per Hour
• Part Time
Livingston County Community Mental Health Authority serves individuals with an intellectual developmental disability and/or mental illness. Under the supervision of the PERS Program Coordinator- monitors the health, safety, and security of multiple consumers simultaneously via the electronic Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) monitors. The monitor is a lifeline program that utilizes the individuals telephone line to listen for personal emergencies in their home. This is primarily an office position that requires active listening and sitting for long periods with occasional hands on care in the community.
The service includes responding to consumer needs verbally, in person (face-to-face), or by arranging for appropriate response with community supports. PERS runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The program typically operates 12 hour shifts, 6am-6pm and 6pm-6am with options of 8 hours shifts occasionally.
Part- time occasional employment to cover periodic openings and on-call coverage on short term notice, hours scheduled vary and are dependent on program operational needs and may not be consistent. Availability must include Monday-Sunday, evening and midnight hours with availability on weekends and holidays. This position provides support and intervention for consumers when face-to-face staff is not present in the consumers home. Operates PERS monitors, ensuring each system is working properly. Communicates respectfully and effectively with consumers to understand their needs, while redirecting and assisting using positive decision making skills. Communicates in a professional, respectful, positive, welcoming and effective manner with co-workers and provider staff.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Valid Michigan driver license and reliable transportation.
• Work availability able to work primarily evening and midnight hours, including weekends and holidays.
• Flexible training availability able to train on day, evening, and midnight hours.
• Ability to cover shifts with short term notice.
• Able to work independently with no supervision.
• Able to discern multiple conversation and noises while external sounds and distractions are present in a room.
• Able to learn computer operations and documentation procedures, operation of office equipment, filing and other office tasks as assigned.
EXPERIENCE: Prior experience working with an individual with an intellectual developmental disability and/or mental illness is preferred. Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively required.