Home Based Therapist
Agency Name: Sanilac County CMH
Agency Contact: Jennifer Osborn
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Sanilac
- Salary Range: $24.38 - $31.52 per Hour
- Send applications to: https://sanilaccmh.org
- Please include your resume when applying.
- Download this job posting.
Job Title: Children’s Home Based Therapist
Department: Children’s Services
Hours: Variable/flexed schedule as dictated by individual/family needs (Monday-Friday)
Supervisor: Clinical Supervisor
Classification: Eight (8)
Prepared By: Clinical Supervisor
Provides intensive home based services to children and their families with multiple service needs who require access to an array of mental health services. Treatment is based on the child’s need with focus on the family unit. Services are provided in the family’s home and in the community.
This position provides therapy to individuals and families regarding psychological or emotional problems such as stress, substance abuse, or family situations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; however, other duties may be assigned.
• Interviews child and family to obtain information concerning treatment history or other pertinent information.
• Observes client to detect indications of abnormal physical or mental behavior.
• Completes the individual plan of service using a person centered planning approach, conducts periodic reviews of the plan, and revises plan as necessary to assure that the preferences and satisfaction of the child and family are reflected in the individual plan of service.
• Serves as the primary advocate for the child and family and assures that the child and family are linked with needed resources in the community.
• Monitors and coordinates community treatment such that the child and family are able to access and sustain involvement with entitlement programs and other needed community resources.
• Plans and administers therapeutic treatment to assist child and family in controlling disorders and other problems and maintaining the child in the home.
• Consults with medical doctor or other specialists concerning treatment plan and amends plan as appropriate.
• Refers client to supportive services to supplement treatment and counseling.
• Therapist is required to perform case management functions as needed including linking, monitoring, coordinating, assessing, planning, and follow-up.
• The home based worker will complete annual assessments & make appropriate referrals to other SED Services & Programs.
• Maintains ongoing communication with supervisor regarding assigned duties and attends regularly scheduled staff meetings and required trainings.
• Responsible for all crisis intervention with assigned cases during work hours. Participates in rotation for after hours on call service & assists with crisis intervention during the workday as available.
• You will be required to fulfill On-call coverage (after hours), which include evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Home Based Therapists will be responsible for providing a minimum of four hours of intensive services for each family monthly.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• RESPECT FOR INDIVIDUALS; consistently treats all people with dignity and respect.
• JOB PERFORMANCE ACCURACY/EFFICIENCY; ability to properly organize and carry out job duties completing a normal amount of work in a timely manner
• JOB KNOWLEDGE/SKILL; extent of job information and understanding possessed by employee.
• JOB ATTITUDE; amount of interest, enthusiasm, and positive intent shown on the job.
• FOLLOWS POLICIIES; demonstrates understanding of an adherence to policies.
• BUSINESS ETHICS; demonstration of expected morals and principals.
• COMMUNICATION; verbal and written communication are constructive, effective, respectful and clear.
• INITIATIVE; extent to which employee is a self-starter in attaining job objectives.
• JUDGEMENT/DISCRETION; extent to which decision and actions are based on sound reasoning and weighing of possible outcomes.
• PLANNING AND ORGANIZATION; Plans and organizes work activities/uses time efficiently.
• PROBLEM SOLVING; Identifies problems and resolves them in early stages.
• PROFESSIONALISM; Accepts responsibility for actions and follows through on commitments.
• TEAMWORK; demonstrates ability and willingness to cooperatively and effectively as part of a team.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Candidates/Employees are required to have a Masters Degree in Human Services Field from an accredited school with licensure as a LLMSW, LMSW, TLLP, LLP, LP, LLPC OR LPC.
• Candidates/Employee must also qualify as QMHP, QMRP or CMHP where appropriate for population being served.
• Staffs are required to hold a SUD licensure/development plan before July 31, 2017. Staff may comply with this requirement by applying for a MCBAP Plan, scheduling their test for SUD licensure or becoming fully licensed as an SUD provider. Note that staff must show proof of how they are meeting these requirements on or before August 1st, 2017. For any staff hired after August 1st, 2017 they must apply for SUD licensure within 60 days of hire.
• For anyone working with children, they must receive 24 hours of Children’s training per calendar year and become a CAFAS and PECFAS rater. A Minimum of one year of experience with examination, evaluation and treatment of SED Children and families is required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software. Recommended typing speed of 45 wpm.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Michigan Driver’ License. Chauffeurs license; if transporting individuals that receive services.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; travel between offices and throughout building, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee may be required to travel to outside meetings or homes as determined by caseload. While performing some of the duties of this job, the employee is will be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Sanilac County CMH embraces an employment environment that promotes recovery and discovery, a person-centered approach to treatment/services, and cultural competence. An employee in this or any position is expected to support the employment environment. This includes having lived experience with behavioral health issues.
Welcome to Sanilac County Community Mental Health
Full Time Employees
In your orientation, you will find several benefits. You may want to take a moment to review the benefits listed below and costs associated with each of them. You must work over 30 hours per week to be eligible for medical and café benefits. Paid time off accruals are based on hours worked.
Benefit Plan Eligibility Contributions per Month
POS $1,000/$2,000 PRIORITY HEALTH
First of month following hire date. $60.77 – Single
$126.24 – Two Person
$167.50 – Family
POS $1,500/$3,000 PRIORITY HEALTH
First of month following hire date. $39.35- Single
$81.47 – Two Person
POS HSA $2000/$4000
*Exchange State Bank-H.S.A Host PRIORITY HEALTH –
H.S.A. Eligible Plan
Single-$2,000/Family-$4,000 First of month following hire date. $10.50- Single
$21.18 – Two Person
$30.26 – Family
Annuity/Decline Medical Plans Nationwide 457b Eligible if waived all medical plans $230/Month (less Social Security & Medicare taxes)
Dental Insurance BCBS Dental
Annual Max-$1,500 per member
Orthodontics-$1,500-lifetime First of month following hire date. $45.85 – Single
$91.70 – Two Person
$160.47 – Family
Vision Insurance Nation Vision Administrators
-NVA First of month following hire date. $11.21-Single
AFLAC Multiple plans available for review for employee only and for family members First of month following hire date. Costs vary depending on plans purchased.
*same account as your retirement contributions. Prior to the first of each month. Set up your own account or $230 (pretax) from medical opt out option
Life Insurance CIGNA- $20,000 Policy Automatically if Union member.
*Can purchase additional Personal and Dependent/Spouse coverage. First of month following 1st full month of employment. Employee Only – $0.00
*Additional Personal and
Dependents/ Spouse coverage charges will vary.
Nationwide The Authority shall contribute an amount equal to three percent (3%) of the employee’s base wage.
Vested in the Authority’s contributions once thirty-six (36) months of service are completed with the Authority. The Authority shall contribute fifty cents ($0.50) to the 401(a) Plan for each dollar ($1.00) an Employee contributes to his or her 457B Plan up to the first four percent (4%) of the employee’s base wage.
The Authority shall not contribute more than five percent (5%) of the employee’s base wage for its total contributions under this section.
Long Term Disability CIGNA – 90-day disability waiting period & receive 66 2/3% of your income First of month following 1st full month of employment. No cost to employee
10 days off/2.88 hours earned each pay period at commencement of Employment.
Progressive increases per the Union Contract, up to 25 days off after 12 years. Must wait 3 months before being paid/or use vacation time. Time is accrued bi-weekly at the close of the pay period based on hours worked. 37.5 hours worked receives full accruals. If time is used before 3 months and employee leaves, they must repay used portion.
See Union Contract.
Sick Days 12 days off/ 3.46 hours earned each pay period.
Time is accrued bi-weekly at the close of the pay period based on hours worked. 37.5 hours worked receives full accruals. 3.46 hours earned at the close of each pay period.
See Union Contract
Holiday Days 13 days per year Paid upon 1st day with agency. If part time, then you receive pay for regularly scheduled days/hours only.
Personal Days 3 days per year- if full time Hours are earned throughout the year, however time is front loaded for use on October 1st . Hours are reset on September 30th each year/removed from bank if not used. If time is used before earned and employee leaves, they must repay used portion.
See Union Contract.
Union Local 1518 Must be employed for three months to reach Just Cause Status. Monthly Union Dues
– $43.20 (F/T- above20 hrs./wk.)
– $32.30 (P/T –12 hrs./wk. or more not to exceed 20 hrs.)
– $21.90 (Lower P/T- 12hrs. or less/wk.)
*Note if you do not need medical insurance, $230.00 per month (less Social Security & Medicare Taxes) will be deposited into an annuity account. You will need to set up the annuity account through Nationwide Retirement.
For Sick, Personal and Vacation days it is calculated upon the number of hours worked – to reach the maximum benefit, you must work 37.5 hours per week.