Home Based Therapist
Agency Name: Other
Agency Contact: Trina Whitlow
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Other
- Salary Range: 39,558.43 - 49,741..91 per Year
- Send applications to: Twhitlow@comcareserv.org
- Please include your resume when applying.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Conducts initial intakes.
2. Provides population and age specific individual, family, and/or group therapy and counseling.
3. Provides clinical management of individuals and/or families in crisis and facilitates psychiatric hospitalization.
4. Assists the case manager when needed to provide in-office services to clients, including assessment, linking/coordinating, monitoring, reassessment, follow-up, resource development and advocacy.
5. Provides case management services to clients, including assessment, linking/coordinating, monitoring, reassessment, follow-up, resource development and advocacy.
6. Participates with all pertinent staff in the development, review and the delivery of treatment and advocacy.
7. Provides periodic assessment of client needs, develops treatment plans with input from client and significant others, summarizes treatment progress and completes discharge summaries.
8. Maintains all clinical documentation pertaining to diagnosis, treatment and delivery of services.
9. Acts as liaison between other agencies, hospitals, legal authorities, caretakers, as well as other medical personnel in order to coordinate care and give/gather information.
10. Participates in in-service training, clinical supervision, case staffing, consultations, and other meetings.
11. Communicates with the public regarding mental health needs and services in the community.
12. Supervises students and/or volunteers as mutually agreed upon.
13. Other duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION
Masters Degree in a related mental health services field.
One to two years of progressively more responsible experience in a related mental health services field is preferred. Experience in the substance abuse field is desired.
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
– Must have licensure in the State of Michigan in a related mental health profession. Must have a valid State of Michigan Driver’s License.
– Must be a reliable CAFAS and PECAS rater within three months of employment and must be CMHP credentialed. Must have access to vehicle to use for agency business. Must be able to fulfill on-call/crisis responsibilities.
Job Type: Full-time