Home Based Children’s Therapist
Agency Name: Northern Lakes CMH Authority
Agency Contact: HR@nlcmh.org
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Other
- Salary Range: $56,128 - $66,128 per Year
- Send applications to: HR@nlcmh.org
- Please include your resume when applying.
Northern Lakes Community Mental Health Authority (NLCMHA) recognizes the value of and employs people with lived experience and a strong belief in Recovery and a Culture of Gentleness, and this position requires a commitment to creating and maintaining a culture that “Expects Recovery” and “Encourages Gentleness.”
NLCMHA is committed to Youth Driven Family Guided care and the resiliency of children. We are particularly committed to those infants, children and families who have experienced Trauma. This professional position provides therapeutic services to infants, children and adolescents with serious emotional disturbance and their families. Services provided include conducting assessments, making diagnoses, development of treatment plans, providing individual and family therapy using DHHS approved Evidence Based Models, monitoring of progress, and documentation of services. Additionally, this position will be involved in collaboration and consultation with other community service agencies, schools and courts. Home Based services is an intensive family service program that typically takes place in the family home or in other community-based locations. Works as part of the 6 county Child and Family Team. Primary service area is Grand Traverse and Leelanau counties. Provides services at times and locations to meet needs of the children and families served.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
• Under the direction of the program supervisor, using DHHS Evidence Based Models, provides individual therapy, family therapy, group therapy, crisis intervention, family collateral contacts, coordination of care and case management services to children birth to age 18 and their families.
• Conduct comprehensive, quality assessments of both children and families. This includes general Mental Health assessments as well as specialty assessments according to age or specific condition, e.g. Trauma Assessment.
• Reach an appropriate diagnosis for each infant/youth/child, and will develop comprehensive, quality individualized/family treatment plans based on Person Centered Planning Practices.
• Has and maintains specialized certifications as required to meet the needs of the persons served.
• Maintain agency paperwork and clinical record documentation, i.e., CAFAS/PECFAS, annual assessments, person centered plans, status reports, progress notes, and vouchers, in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Based on professional training, may be asked to provide services such as psychological testing, clinical supervision, Parent Education, community education classes or interagency presentations.
• Participate actively in staff development activities including training provided by the Department of Health and Human Services, and those trainings that promote skill development related to the position responsibilities.
• Work cooperatively with all community agencies and other providers to promote provision of quality and community-based services.
• Participate in quality assurance programs, and in periodic evaluation of performance and outcomes of service delivery.
• Comply with mandatory reporting requirements in situations of suspected child abuse or neglect.
• Provide crisis coverage during business hours for families receiving Home Based Services.
• Advise supervisor regarding schedule and whereabouts daily.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Licensed Professional Counseling from an accredited university. Prefer previous training and competence in Evidence Based Practices, including Trauma Focused CBT. Meets MDHHS criteria for a Child Mental Health Professional.
LICENSING or CERTIFICATIONS:
Must have and maintain licensure with the State of Michigan as a fully licensed professional: Licensed Masters Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor or Psychologist preferred. Limited Licensed Masters Social Worker, Limited Licensed Professional Counselor, or Masters Limited Psychologist considered. Certification in Michigan Department of Health and Human Service/MDHHS (formerly MDCH) Trauma Focused CBT highly preferred.
Send resume to HR@nlcmh.org