Home Based Case Manager
Agency Name: Other
Agency Contact: Trina Whitlow
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Wayne
- Salary Range: 31,121.29 - 41,653.84 per Year
- Send applications to: Twhitlow@omcareserv.org
- Please include your resume when applying.
Provides support and advocacy to clients and their families within the community to educate and promote healthy lifestyles and preventing reoccurring hospitalizations by monitoring, assessing, counseling, supporting and empowering clients to improve their quality of life through maintaining stability in the community.
ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides population and age specific case management services to clients, including assessment, linking/coordinating, monitoring, reassessment, follow-up, service plan development, resource development, transportation and advocacy.
2. Assesses the personal needs of each consumer in such areas as living situation, mental health services, financial base, and access to medical services, as well as educational/vocational/employment/substance abuse service needs.
3. Participates with staff in the development review and the delivery of treatment plans.
4. Provides support to clients and families in identifying and accessing services as decided by the treatment plan.
5. Maintain required case management documentation.
6. Participates in in-service training, clinical supervision, consultations, utilization review meetings, and other meetings.
7. Participates with staff and conducts client group meetings related to substance abuse and mental health recovery.
8. Assists in providing education to non-CMH providers regarding MI symptoms identification/management and crisis and intervention.
9. Assists in the development of community contacts and networks with other service providers.
10. Communicates with the public regarding mental health needs and services in the community.
11. Supervises students and/or volunteers as mutually agreed.
12. Other duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION
Bachelor’s Degree in a related mental health services field.
One to two years of progressively more responsible experience in a related mental health and substance abuse services field is preferred.
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
– Must have licensure in the State of Michigan in a related mental health profession or an individual with a related mental health degree hired and performing in a similar role prior to January 1, 2008. Must have a valid State of Michigan Driver’s License and access to a vehicle to use for agency business.
DD-ACT, HRT, M-COIT or DD-OP Only – CAADC or Development Plan within six months of employment is preferred.
– Must be a CAFAS and PECFAS rater within 3 months of employment and must be a CMHP credentialed. Must be able to fulfill on-call/crisis responsibilities.
Occasional requirements: Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying up to 25 pounds. Climbing, kneeling, stooping, and bending.
Frequent requirements: Sitting and walking for long periods of time. Short/medium length car trips, getting in and out of vehicle, going up and down stairs.
Frequent requirements: Attention to detail/concentration on figures, paperwork, data, etc. Pressures related to meeting deadlines, fulfilling scheduling requirements, etc. Simultaneous handling of multiple projects. Distracting influences such as people, telephone calls, noises and so forth. Intermittent or cyclical work pressures.
UNDESIRABLE/DISAGREEABLE WORKING CONDITIONS
Frequent requirements: Local travel and outside weather conditions. Exposure to clients and/or client residence where unsafe or unhealthy conditions may exist.