Grants Fiscal Manager
Agency Name: Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network
Agency Contact: David Dunn
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Other
- Salary Range: 66,400.00 To 75,000.00 per Year
- Send applications to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=17aa709f-d22c-4d28-8c32-567d73bb7c5a&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US&selectedMenuKey=CareerCenter
- Please include your resume when applying.
- Download this job posting.
GRANTS FISCAL MANAGER
THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION
Under the general supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the Grants Fiscal Manager is responsible for providing financial, administrative and grant accounting/billing for the Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network (DWIHN). The Grants Fiscal Manager will manage the entire book of business related to all federal, state and local grants received by DWIHN.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepares and reviews journal entries from various finance staff as directed.
• Processes, reviews and approves accounts payables for Mental Health and SUD providers and any other provider(s) as directed.
• Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual Financial Status Reports and submits to MDHHS in a timely and accurate manner.
• Prepares the timely billing of all costs for block grants in the MDHHS billing system (i.e. EGRAMS).
• Compiles and prepares State of Michigan reports including but not limited to the annual Legislative Report for all SUD fund sources.
• Issues quarterly IPA Taxes to the State of Michigan Department of Treasury in a timely and accurate manner.
• Facilitates monthly Finance meetings and prepares reports for internal staff to provide logic for contract modifications to minimize lapse in funds.
• Assists the grant department with the preparation of the annual budget and adjustments as necessary upon authorized approval with MDHHS.
• Provides technical assistance on all matters related to fiscal policies and procedures including contract parameters, documentation and billing.
• On an as needed basis, attends virtual monthly SUD Advisory Board, provider and DWIHN board meetings.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Proficient in journal entries and account reconciliations.
• Knowledge of financial and budgetary analysis.
• Knowledge of the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services EGRAMS billing system.
• Knowledge of Prepaid Inpatient Health Plans (PIHP) or Community Mental Health Service Provider (CMHSP), or the DWIHN Provider Network.
• Knowledge of PCE systems (i.e. MHWIN).
• Knowledge of Microsoft GP (formerly Great Plains) accounting system
• Management skills and ability to work with others.
• Computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook, Teams).
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Ability to work with an ethnically, linguistically, culturally, economically and socially diverse population.
• Judgement/Reasoning ability.
A Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related area.
• Five (5) years of post-degree paid professional experience in accounting or financial analysis. Experience must include: Grant accounting, billing and reporting.
• Experience with Michigan Department of Health and Human Services EGRAMS billing system.
• Experience with a Prepaid Inpatient Health Plan (PIHP) or DWIHN Network Provider
• Experience with PCE systems (i.e. MHWIN)
THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION
Work is usually performed in a remote setting, yet, this position may require the employee to come to the office to complete required projects.
This description is not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as the essential functions performed. Management retains the discretion to add or change the position at any time.
Please Note: DWIHN requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Medical or religious accommodations or other exemptions that may be required by law, will be approved when properly supported. Further information will be provided during the recruitment process.
The Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Go to our website at https://www.dwihn.org/
Find the Careers link near the bottom of the page.
Click on the Career link.
Select the posting Grants Fiscal Manager.