Emergency Services- On Call
Agency Name: Hiawatha Behavioral Health
Agency Contact: Jenni Russo, HR Admin. Asst.
- Position Type: Part Time
- Job Type: Contractual
- County: Mackinac
- Salary Range: See Below per Hour
- Send applications to: https://www.indeed.com/job/emergency-servicespart-time-call-6b6e09fbd6dc8031
- Please include your resume when applying.
SALARY RANGE: Field Hours – $35.00/hour / Holiday Field Hours – $42.00/hour
Pager Hours – $2.50/hour / Holiday Pager Hours – $4.25/hour
SUMMARY: This position provides face to face and telephone crisis intervention services to persons experiencing psychiatric or other mental health emergencies, this position requires a person to field calls during the evenings and weekends, while the Hiawatha Behavioral Health main office is closed. Applicants for this position should be diverse and comfortable working with persons diagnosed with mental illness, intellectual/ developmental disabilities, and children with serious emotional disturbance. This position requires a person to work in coordination with other providers and referral sources.
WORK HOURS: Part time, Hours are varied; however primarily consist of weekday/weekend evenings and weekday/weekend day shifts.
1. Bachelors Degree required in Social Work, Psychology. Will also consider Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
2. State of Michigan Registration as a Licensed Bachelors or Masters Social Worker, or Licensed Professional Counselor, or Registered Nurse required.
3. Three to five years of clinical practice/experience in a mental health setting preferred. Knowledge of psychotropic medications preferred. One year of experience with emergency services and knowledge of community resources preferred.
4. Knowledge and/or experience assisting people diagnosed with substance use disorders.
5. Demonstrated customer service skills and ability to work cooperatively with agency employees, persons served, stakeholders, and general public.
6. Proficient computer skills necessary, with experience utilizing Excel & Microsoft Word programs.
7. Appointment is subject to criminal background check and negative urine drug screen.
8. Must be at least 18 years of age, possess a valid driver’s license, and provide own transportation.