Chief Financial Officer
Agency Name: Southwest Michigan Behavioral Health
Agency Contact: Erin Peruchietti
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Kalamazoo
- Salary Range: 118,193-196,988 per Year
- Send applications to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=84cb58f3-212f-455b-b4f7-b7d6448fe3dd&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
- Please include your resume when applying.
Are you interested in improving the quality of life for the people in your community? Do you have a passion for ensuring that those with mental health and substance use disorders receive the services they need? Are you looking for a place to work that is committed to the development of staff and matching people to work they love? A place that values a diverse workforce that strives for excellence while maintaining a healthy work/life balance?
Then come join us!
Southwest Michigan Behavioral Health (SWMBH) is a $200 million governmental entity managing multiple Michigan Department of Community Health benefits management contracts and business lines over an eight-county region in Southwest Michigan.
SWMBH is currently looking for a Chief Financial Officer. In collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) ensures that the financial systems of the regional entity are carried out in a manner consistent with federal and state statutes, regulations, bylaws, operating agreement and contracts. The CFO serves as the financial liaison for the region and is the interface between the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services(MDHHS) and Community Mental Health Services Programs (CMHSP’s) of Southwest Michigan Behavioral Health SWMBH for all services related to business lines managed by SWMBH. The CFO ensures the accuracy, integrity, efficiency and effectiveness of the SWMBH financial systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs, and evaluates the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
• Directs the development and implementation of fiscal policies, procedures, and practices and ensures that they comply with generally accepted accounting principles, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), Medicaid and other relevant Federal, State, and local requirements.
• Provides strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances, partnerships, and investments.
• Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies, and regulatory action.
• Develops credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends in order to assist the Board, the CEO, and senior management in performing their responsibilities.
• Establishes credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
• Provides technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the region.
• Delivers continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department directors on financial issues impacting departmental budgets.
• Optimizes the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiates appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
• Develops a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
• Assumes an advisor role from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the organization may enter.
• Evaluates the finance division structure and structure for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provides individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities with individuals.
• Leads and facilitates Finance Committee meetings and effectively communicates and disseminates information from these meetings with other SWMBH committees and workgroups.
• Develops and implements a system of internal controls, including internal audits to monitor financial status to assure fiscal viability.
• Prepares and distributes timely and accurate annual budgets, financial reports, presentations and analyses, as requested.
• Serves as liaison to external auditors and assures annual unqualified opinion.
• Performs other related functions as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration or equivalent is required.
• Certified Public Accountant, Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or a related field is preferred.
• Minimum of five years of accounting experience in health care, CMH, government, or a related industry is required; minimum of three years of supervisory experience is required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of MDHHS finance guidelines and Federal, State, and local regulations governing areas of responsibility.
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Exceptional skills in interpersonal and human relations, facilitation and collaboration, organizational and leadership, public speaking, verbal and written skills, and critical thinking.
• Cultural competence and commitment to diversity and excellence.
• Collaborative, supporting personality that can inspire change in other functional areas.
• Life experiences with diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, including experience with behavioral health issues is preferred.
• Must be supportive of culturally competent recovery-based practices and person-centered planning as a shared decision-making process.
• Must support a trauma informed culture of safety to aid consumers in their recovery process.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows including: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint applications.
Individuals of diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds including those with lived experience with behavioral health issues along with bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please apply through the Southwest Michigan Behavioral Health website at www.swmbh.org by August 1, 2022. Emailed resumes will not be accepted.
Position includes a full benefit package and salary is commensurate with experience.
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Experience: 5 Years
Position Type: Exempt
Required Travel: Minimal
Manages Others: Yes