Agency Name: Region 10 PIHP
Agency Contact: Robin Kalbfleisch
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Other
- Salary Range: 52,700 per Year
- Send applications to: https://vizi.vizirecruiter.com/Region-10-PIHP-1195/22461/index.html
- Please include your resume when aplying.
Position: Professional Level II: Access Clinician
Reference Number: 2019-09
Date Posted: 6/6/19
Closing Date: Open until Filled
Starting Salary: $52,700
Hours/Schedule: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Location: Port Huron, MI
Start Date: Immediately
An employee at this level is required to perform some or all of the following duties, which do not include all tasks to be performed:
• Conduct initial screenings and appropriate referrals based on established clinical protocols and medical necessity criteria
• Conduct diagnostic evaluations
• Conduct utilization review of case records of mental health and substance use providers
• Conduct triage calls with hospitals or Crisis on call worker when potential inpatient care or alternative care is needed
• Conduct and determine length of initial authorization for inpatient psychiatric stays based on clinical protocol and eligibility criteria
• Conduct screening/continued stay review of treatment at hospitals and crisis residential based on clinical eligibility criteria
• Conduct discharge screenings to assure continuity of care and if appropriate referral to an Outpatient Program
• Complete face-to-face screenings with potential Methadone applicants
• Provide crisis intervention as needed
• Participation after hours, 24/7 Access on-call rotation
• Provide education on issues of mental health and substance use disorders to service recipients, families, and other staff
• Coordinate activities with other agencies and assist utilization of these resources by service recipients
• Maintain regular required documentation
• Maintain confidentiality
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AN EMPLOYEE MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING CREDENTIALS, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE)
• Master’s Degree in Social Work or related Human Service Field
• Demonstrated ability to utilize ASAM and DSM 5
• Substance Use Training and Experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of Mental Health treatment procedures applicable to public mental health populations
• Demonstrated knowledge of current and best practices within behavioral health services
• Demonstration of proficiency and experience working on an Electronic Health Record System.
• One to two years’ experience with behavioral health service recipients
• Must qualify as QMHP, QMRP, or QCMHP
• Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License
• Must have access to transportation
• Ability to exercise some flexibility in problem solving, when expected results are clear and generally set by others, provided certain outcomes are avoided
• Ingenuity is required to adapt, alter, or improvise alternatives when unexpected situations occur
• Ability to exercise discretion and some flexibility in selecting an optimal solution from established alternatives to obtain the desired outcome
• Ability to use or exert influence in a work process
• Ability to be a “work leader” (of a person or function), or advise others
• Ability to provide, exchange, or explain information which conveys an opinion or evaluation of the facts or analyses
• Ability to deal with minor conflicts tactfully
• Must have access to transportation
• Three to five years’ experience in public behavioral health
• Experience working at a call center
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
• When applying, be sure to include evidence that the minimum qualifications are met (resume, copy of license, copy of educational transcripts, description of years of experience, skill based experience/training, letters of reference, etc.).
• This position will be hired as employment-at-will.
• Applicants who meet the initial screening may be subject to a pre-interview test lasting up to two (2) hours.
• Any offer of employment is contingent upon a Criminal Background Check, as well as a 5 Panel Drug Screen. Potential candidates will be sent for a drug screen at a designated location at their own expense. When results are negative for the drug screen, the candidate will be reimbursed for the cost of the screening.
• Region 10 PIHP embraces an employment environment that promotes recovery and discovery, a person-centered approach to treatment/services, and cultural competence. An employee in this or any position is expected to support the employment environment.
• Region 10 PIHP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Region 10 PIHP complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Region 10 Prepaid Inpatient Health Plan provides public services for mental health and substance use disorders through the Community Mental Health agencies in Genesee, Lapeer, Sanilac and St. Clair counties and a panel of other care providers.
Mission: Promoting opportunities for Recovery, Discovery, Health and Independence for individuals receiving services through ease of access, high quality of care and best value.
For more information:
phone number: (810) 966-3399