Peer Recovery Coach
Agency Name: Region 10 PIHP
Agency Contact: Donna Dean
- Position Type: Part Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: St. Clair
- Salary Range: 18.93 per Hour
- Send applications to: https://www.region10pihp.org/about-us/employment-opportunities/
- Please include your resume when applying.
SIGN ON BONUS OF $250.00
Overview: Region 10 is committed to being a premier employer by enhancing the lives of our team and supporting their growth as people and professionals. We provide competitive wage scales that reward experience and performance, ongoing career development and training opportunities, and flexible scheduling. The health and safety of our staff is a top priority, and we have implemented a COVID 19 preparedness and response plan to ensure this.
If you are looking for rewarding and meaningful work within a supportive, high-performing team in a positive, enthusiastic environment, we encourage you to apply at:
An employee at this level is required to perform some or all of the following duties, which do not include all tasks to be performed:
• Provides essential follow-up outreach, support, and linking to SUD services for individuals referred to SUD services but do not keep their first appointment and not admitted to the SUD provider program per plan.
• Seeks to engage individuals in their recovery process and offer assistance in rescheduling their appointment or linking them back to the Access center for new screening and referral if necessary.
• Tracks specific data to assist in tracking/determining the circumstances and/ or barriers individuals have in getting to their SUD intake appointment.
• Uses the electronic screening record (MIX) to retrieve and coordinate contact information, as assigned.
• Uses provided information for outreach to individuals who do not keep their first appointment.
• Reports ongoing concerns or needs to Access Supervisor.
• Participates on committees or workgroups, as assigned
• Participates in continuing education activities, as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (AN EMPLOYEE MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING CREDENTIALS, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE)
• High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate
• Completion of Connecticut Community for Addiction Recovery Training
• Completion of MDHHS Peer Recovery Coach Training
• 18 years of age or older
• Two (2) continuous years in Recovery from addictions(s) with experience in navigating treatment services and/ or prevention services
• Ability to share their Recovery story as a tool in helping others
• Employed at least 10 hours per week by a licensed SUD Treatment organization, a PIHP, a CMHSP or another organization under contract to one or more organizations providing substance use disorder treatment and/ or Recovery support services.
• Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License
• Must have access to transportation