MOBILE CRISIS CLINICIAN (PART-TIME)
Agency Name: Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network
Agency Contact: Kristen Cullins
- Position Type: Part Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Wayne
- Salary Range: $32.50 per Hour
- Send applications to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=17aa709f-d22c-4d28-8c32-567d73bb7c5a&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US&selectedMenuKey=CareerCenter
- Please include your resume when applying.
- Download this job posting.
MOBILE CRISIS CLINICIAN (PART-TIME)
Under the general supervision of the Mobile Crisis Director, the Mobile Crisis Clinician performs direct clinical services, including crisis intervention and de-escalation for individuals of all ages.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs direct clinical services, including crisis intervention and de-escalation for individuals of all ages.
• Performs indirect clinical services, including, timely and complete case documentation following DWIHN policies and procedures.
• Documents all crisis intervention activities in the electronic medical record to ensure accuracy of records and regulatory compliance.
• Provides coordination and follow-up for clients and assists in obtaining necessary additional services, coordinating with the Access Center or the patient’s current outpatient therapy plan.
• Maintains clinical documentation that is accurate and up to date, including assessments, progress notes, crisis/safety plans, and other required documentation.
• Participates in agency and system staff meetings.
• Participates in community meetings.
• Collaborates with schools, law enforcement and other organizations.
• Assists individuals/families in developing natural supports to increase success in the community.
• Provides counseling, guidance, support, resources, and encouragement to individuals served so that they can learn to take responsibility for and actively participate in their own recovery.
• Provides on call duties as needed which include but are not limited to responding to calls from mobile crisis clinicians and peers.
• Provides mobile crisis services in the community.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA’S)
• Knowledge of DWIHN policies, procedures, and practices.
• Knowledge of the DWIHN provider network and community resources.
• Knowledge of the Michigan Mental Health Code.
• Knowledge of MDHHS policies, rules, regulations, and procedures.
• Knowledge of Federal policies, rules, regulations, and procedures as it relates to DWIHN.
• Knowledge of Mobile Crisis principles and practices.
• Knowledge of Crisis Services principles and practices.
• Knowledge of behavioral health and mental health principles and practices.
• Knowledge of the Michigan Medicaid Provider Manual.
• Knowledge of MHWIN.
• Knowledge of the LOCUS model.
• Knowledge of the clinical care process (screening, assessment, treatment planning, case management and continuing care).
• Knowledge of and ability to use screening and assessment tools for behavioral health services.
• Knowledge of the Adult continuum of care for all disability designations (I/DD, SMI, Co-Occurring Disorder).
• Knowledge of adult’s services; Outpatient, Co- occurring services, CM, ACT, Supported Employment and Med Drop.
• Knowledge of Integrated Care services for behavioral health patients.
• Knowledge of medical and behavioral health practices and terminology.
• Knowledge of compliance standards.
• Knowledge of Medical Necessity Criteria for Behavioral Health Services.
• Knowledge of SUD guidelines and licensing certifications.
• Knowledge of crisis training and experience in de-escalation, i.e., suicide prevention, development of crisis plans, trauma informed care, etc.
• Assessment and evaluation skills.
• Conflict Resolution skills
• Computer skills.
• Organizational skills.
• Report writing skills.
• Negotiation skills.
• Problem Solving skills.
• Decision Making skills.
• Interpersonal Skills.
• Communication skills.
• Collaboration skills.
• Multitasking skills.
• Teamwork Skills.
• Ability to communicate orally.
• Ability to communicate in writing.
• Ability to work effectively with others.
• Ability to work with an ethnically, linguistically, culturally, economically and socially diverse population.
• Judgement/Reasoning ability
A Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, the Social Services, or a related field.
One (1) year of full-time paid professional clinical experience working in crisis services or a closely related area.
A Valid State of Michigan clinical licensure: RN, LMSW, LMHC, LPC, LLP or PhD.
(A limited license will be accepted).
A Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License with a safe and acceptable driving record.
Employees in this classification must travel throughout Wayne County. Candidates will be required to travel to homes, community-based settings, hospitals, schools, courts, etc.
Mobile Crisis Operations is a 24/7 unit. These are part-time positions that will work 12 hour shifts on Saturday and Sunday. The shifts will be (7:00 AM – 7:00 PM) and (7:00 PM – 7:00 AM). Candidates may be required to work other days, hours, or shifts as necessary.
This description is not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a general description of the essential functions performed. Management retains the discretion to add or change the position at any time.
Please Note: DWIHN requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Medical or religious accommodations or other exemptions that may be required by law, will be approved when properly supported. Further information will be provided during the recruitment process.
The Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Go to our website at https://www.dwihn.org/
Find the Careers link near the bottom of the page.
Click on the Career link.
Select the posting Mobile Crisis Clinician.
Please Note: If you select the Careers Tab and you do not see this job listed, please be sure to select the View All tab for complete job listings.