Director of Children & Family Services
Agency Name: West Michigan CMH System
Agency Contact: Lori Smith
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Mason
- Salary Range: $67,087 - $100,622 per Year
- Send applications to: https://careers.wmcmhs.org/Careers.aspx?req=2021-MIC-004&type=JOBDESCR
- Please include your resume when applying.
The Director of Children and Family Services is responsible for the overall leadership and supervision of all services for children, adolescents, and their families with mental illness, substance use disorders, and intellectual and developmental disabilities. Agency Children’s services are delivered in a fully integrated model where multi-disciplinary teams are equipped to provide a full set of services to address each individual’s and family’s unique needs that support recovery.
This position may serve as an on-call supervisor for the agency’s Crisis Stabilization Services program on a rotating basis, as scheduled.
1. Program Oversight and Coordination- Will ensure integrated, person centered delivery of all children’s services (Home-based, Wrap, Peers, Specialty Waiver, etc.). Will identify, develop and implement EBPs appropriate to needs of all individuals in the program.
2. Program Extension- Will provide leadership to strategies and supports around community living and employment, including independent living, community engagement to support recovery.
3. Program Metrics- Will monitor productivity, team metrics, effectiveness of interventions and responses to QI efforts.
4. Program Performance- ensures team processes meet or exceed standards. Ensure orientation and training of new and current staff, review , review of clinical documentation with staff for completeness and accuracy; completing all required individual and group supervisions with written documentation of same; taking initiative to respond to organization opportunities; keep teams updated and informed of agency policy, procedures and expectations; and remaining current on knowledge of evidence-based practices for persons with mental illness. Monitoring the performance of assigned staff, managing service and financial resources; filling in as needed for staff who may be off and determining the competency and training needs of assigned staff are required functions of the position.
5. Agency Clinical Functions – May be a need to fill in for team members from time to time. The individual must be able to complete the clinical functions required of the program and to evaluate those functions as the staff perform them. These duties may include completing assessments; determining the consumer’s functional impairments, diagnosis and service eligibility; determining the consumer’s strengths and weaknesses; developing a person-centered plan, defining outcomes of treatment, identifying natural supports and writing measurable goals and objectives for the consumer; providing services to consumers including monitoring (services, status, and needs) and support services for the consumer and their family.
1. State of Michigan licensure, certification, or registration as required by one of the following professions: Psychologist (LP, LLP, TLLP), physician (MD or DO), licensed master’s social worker (LMSW or LLMSW), licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT or LLMFT) or licensed professional counselor (LPC or LLPC).
2. Must be a Mental Health Professional (MHP), a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP), Qualified Intellectual Disability Professional (QIDP) and a Children’s Mental Health Professional (CMHP) or must be eligible to obtain the designations.
3. A minimum of three training and practicum experience in family systems theory, family therapy, child development, play therapy, or equivalent experience with youth/or adolescents is required.
4. Must two years of supervisory experience in a behavioral health setting.
5. Must be credentialed and privileged to practice at WMCMH by the Executive Committee of the Clinical Oversight Committee of WMCMH.
6. Must possess a valid driver’s license and provide own transportation to and from meetings and activities at varying work locations including all agency locations in Lake, Mason, and Oceana Counties.
7. Lived experiences with mental illness/developmental disabilities/substance use disorders are valued.