Agency Name: Other
Agency Contact: Charlotte McRae
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Oakland
- Salary Range: 45,000 - 48,000 per Year
- Send applications to: https://jobapply.page.link/f8gY
- Please include your resume when applying.
Job Title: Billing Specialist
Work Location: Farmington Hills
Reports To: Director of Reimbursements
FLSA Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt/Salaried
The primary responsibility of the Billing Support Specialist is to support the accurate and timely billing to MCCMH within the 60-day timely filing window. This position is a part of the finance department.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Billing Support Specialist must have a thorough understanding of the services being delivered and corresponding CPT billing codes and duties include:
1. Compile Data into billing batches for submission.
2. Review held claims working to resolve issues with supervisory staff.
3. Works with the Finance Department to assist with audits, resolve discrepancies and reconcile balances.
4. Create open AR reports ensuring services are all billed.
5. Post payments weekly.
6. Review authorizations in Focus and eHeart.
7. Provide follow up on all billing issues and effectively communicate with MCCMH and Judson Center Staff to ensure payment of claims within 60-day timely filing.
8. Participate in required trainings.
9. Attend all scheduled team meetings.
10. Completes any and all other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
1. Computer literate with strong skills in Excel and Word. Database experience a plus.
2. Good interpersonal skills.
3. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
4. Problem solving skills, especially with software issues related to billing processes.
5. Experience or knowledge of Community Mental Health billing preferred.
6. Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
7. Ability to provide culturally competent services that shows sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
Education, Certifications, Licenses, Registrations:
1. High school diploma required; associates or bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Three to five years’ experience in billing department role.
3. Valid Michigan driver’s license.
1. Generally an office environment with a cubicle or reception area workstation.
2. Ability to travel and attend meetings at various locations may be required.
3. Some non-traditional hours such as evenings or weekends may be required.
This description is intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of a person so classified. The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies and perform other duties as assigned for the good of the consumers, the program, the department and the agency.
Judson Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer