Agency Name: Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network
Agency Contact: Donte Huffman
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Wayne
- Salary Range: $84,956.00 To 105,000.00 per Year
- Send applications to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=17aa709f-d22c-4d28-8c32-567d73bb7c5a&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US&selectedMenuKey=CareerCenter
- Please include your resume when applying.
Under the general direction of the Technology Manager, the Systems Engineer provides network, server and computer systems support for DWIHN employees and departments.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leads the development and design of network architecture, computer systems and infrastructure.
• Establishes the baseline and standards for Server Infrastructure.
• Leads collaboration with vendors, departments, customers and staff in support of IT projects.
• Provides network, server and computer systems support for DWIIHN employees and departments.
• Resolves hardware and software problems.
• Performs maintenance, support and LAN administration for network and associated equipment.
• Oversees and establishes quality control procedures to ensure that systems are efficient and operational.
• Analyzes, designs, develops and tests network systems to ensure integration of software, hardware, reliability and maintainability.
• Configures and supports network software on file servers and desktops.
• Resolves hardware/software problems.
• Performs installation of network equipment and software as required.
• Administers software applications, network systems and SQL server databases.
• Identifies and resolves technical issues for local networks, server, hardware, and software.
• Manages and maintains server support, diagnosis and troubleshooting.
• Oversees upgrading/replacing hardware and software systems when required and applies network security patches when necessary.
• Analyzes benchmarks, network logs and performance measures to optimize availability of network resources and bandwidth to support normal and surge workloads.
• Manages and maintains network monitoring systems to ensure security of data, users and administrative access privileges.
• Prepares network analytics, data reports and operational manuals.
• Implements, manages, maintains and performs data backup and disaster recovery operations.
• Provides technical training on new hardware and software applications to engineers, IT staff and/or general staff.
• Implements, manages, and maintains group policy, including access control, drive mapping and HIPAA security requirements.
• Implements, manages, maintains, and administers document management systems (Therefore, One Drive, SharePoint).
• Manages network security initiatives and implementation.
• Performs assessments of firewall, router, switches, VPN, SSL concentrator and other network component security configurations.
• Conducts routine hardware, software, and network audits of all supported systems to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, procedures and requirements.
• Monitors computer systems and networks for viruses, malfunctions and errors.
• Implements, manages, and maintains enterprise endpoint protection and email security and protection systems.
• Manages and maintains the building security system and IP video surveillance system.
• Assists the Technology Manager in planning information technology roadmap, projects, budgets, writing proposals and projects to oversee their timely execution.
• Assists in the planning and coordination of hardware and software purchases, services, and support.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of Information Technology (IT) infrastructure.
• Knowledge of IT hardware.
• Knowledge of IT software applications.
• Knowledge of IT networks.
• Knowledge of IT servers.
• Knowledge of Disaster Recovery
• Knowledge of IT security
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Knowledge of Cloud Applications.
• Knowledge of computer network setup.
• Knowledge of IT automated phone systems.
• Knowledge of IT automated printers.
• Knowledge of IT purchasing, costs and budgets.
• Knowledge of networks, internet protocols, Microsoft OS and other networking products.
• Knowledge of networking (LAN/WAN), configuration of Cisco switches, firewalls, routers, telecommunications (VoIP), VLAN, DNS, DHCP, BGP and site to site VPN connections.
• Knowledge of the Microsoft environment, including: Azure, Office 365, Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019 and Windows 10.
• Knowledge of installing, configuring, troubleshooting VMWare and/or Hyper V virtualized environment.
• Knowledge of installing and supporting switches, routers, firewalls, VPN, wireless and load balancing.
• Knowledge of network backup experience using Veeam, Backup Exec or related tools.
• Knowledge of researching, investigating, evaluating, and qualifying potential new equipment for network deployment.
• Knowledge of cyber security concepts and technologies
• Knowledge of Audio / Video experience, VoIP phone system, SAN and NAS technologies and Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCVP.
• Knowledge of IT hardware, Network, server, Security, VoIP phone, and software applications.
• Knowledge of Disaster Recovery and Cloud Applications
• Supervisory skills
• Management skills
• Administrative skills
• Computer skills
• Time management skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Teamwork skills
• Customer Service skills
• Conflict Resolution skills
• Decision Making skills
• Budgetary/Finance skills
• Project Management skills
• Logistics skills
• Training skills
• Ability to communicate orally
• Ability to communicate in writing
• Ability to work effectively with others
• Ability to work with an ethnically, linguistically, culturally, economically and socially diverse population
• Judgement/Reasoning ability.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Information Technology or a related field.
(Experience listed below may be substituted on a year for year basis for required education).
At least five (5) years of experience in the following areas:
• Advanced knowledge of networking (LAN/WAN), configuration of Cisco switches, firewalls, routers, telecommunications (VoIP), VLAN, DNS, DHCP, BGP, and site to site VPN connections.
• Experience in a Microsoft environment, including: Azure, Office 365, Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019 and Windows 10.
• Experience with VMWare and/or Hyper V virtualized environment.
(A Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer/IT related field may be substituted for the required experience on a year for year basis).
Please Note: Cisco CCNP, CCNA certification and/or MCSA, MCSE, or MCP certification preferred.
Work is usually performed in an office setting but requires the employee to drive to different sites throughout Wayne County and the State of Michigan. This position can work remotely with supervisory approval. Currently this position is a hybrid remote position.
Must have transportation available to travel to and from offices and for required offsite projects and site visits.
This description is not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as the essential functions performed. Management retains the discretion to add or change the position at any time.
Please Note: DWIHN requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Medical or religious accommodations or other exemptions that may be required by law, will be approved when properly supported. Further information will be provided during the recruitment process.
The Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Go to our website at https://www.dwihn.org/
Find the Careers link near the bottom of the page.
Click on the Career link.
Select the posting IT Systems Engineer