Residential Care Coordinator
Agency Name: Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network
Agency Contact: Chardae Black
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Wayne
- Salary Range: $55,538.00 To 60,000.00 per Year
- Send applications to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=17aa709f-d22c-4d28-8c32-567d73bb7c5a&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US&selectedMenuKey=CareerCenter
- Please include your resume when applying.
RESIDENTIAL CARE COORDINATOR
Under the general supervision of the Director of Residential Services, the Residential Care Coordinator (RCC) is responsible for overseeing the placement of consumers into the most appropriate residential settings.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identifies contracted providers within the DWIHN system as a potential match.
• Coordinates all placement activities for individuals receiving residential services in the behavioral health system.
• Reviews clinical assessments and documentation.
• Collaborates with Residential provider leadership, Residential Care Specialists, Clinically Responsible Service Providers, consumers, guardians, family members, hospital and outpatient provider staff, and other members of the participant’s team.
• Completes monthly reporting.
• Monitors the placement process outcomes for consumers.
• Facilitates transitions of care.
• Supports the development, monitoring, and management of the placement coordination activities.
• Serves as an advocate for the member and acts as a liaison between the member and providers, facilities, practitioners, and other community-based agencies in the coordination of the member’s care.
• Establishes and maintains professional relationships with members, providers, and Clinically Responsible Providers.
• Assists with the managed care functions of the PIHP and CMHSP.
• Processes all specialized residential referrals and requests.
• Serves as an advocate and liaison for AMI, IDD members with Affiliated Providers.
• Participates in meetings.
• Facilitates and assists with emergency home closures.
• Performs data collection for the purpose of monitoring placement outcomes.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA’S)
• Knowledge of Residential Services and Placement for mental health consumers.
• Knowledge of community-based behavioral health care.
• Knowledge of DWIHN policies, procedures and practices.
• Knowledge of the DWIHN provider network and community resources.
• Knowledge of the Michigan Mental Health Code.
• Knowledge of MDHHS policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
• Knowledge of Medicaid, local, regional and national codes, laws and regulations.
• Knowledge of medical and behavioral health practices and terminology.
• Knowledge of Community Mental Health Services Programs (CMHSP) and Prepaid Inpatient Health Plans (PIHP).
• Assessment skills.
• Organizational skills.
• Report writing skills.
• Decision Making skills.
• Interpersonal skills.
• Communication skills.
• Multitasking skills.
• Written communication skills.
• Computer skills
• Teamwork Skills.
• Ability to communicate orally.
• Ability to communicate in writing.
• Ability to work effectively with others.
• Ability to work with an ethnically, linguistically, culturally, economically and socially diverse population.
• Judgement/Reasoning ability.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Nursing, the Human Services, the Social Services or a related field.
Three (3) years of professional experience in a behavioral healthcare or community mental health setting.
A Valid State of Michigan Social Work clinical licensure. (Bachelor’s or Masters)
A valid State of Michigan Driver’s License with a safe and acceptable driving record.
NOTE: Must submit to and clear a background check as required by the Department of Human Services.
Work is usually performed in an office setting but requires the employee to drive to different sites throughout Wayne County and the State of Michigan. This position can work remotely with supervisory approval. This is primarily a remote position.
This description is not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as the essential functions performed. Management retains the discretion to add or change the position at any time.
Please Note: DWIHN requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Medical or religious accommodations or other exemptions that may be required by law, will be approved when properly supported. Further information will be provided during the recruitment process.
The Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Go to our website at https://www.dwihn.org/
Find the Careers link near the bottom of the page.
Click on the Career link.
Select the posting Residential Care Coordinator.