Psychosocial Clubhouse Director
Agency Name: North Country CMH Authority
Agency Contact: Jennifer Nolan
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Emmet
- Salary Range: 47,029 - 50,898 per Year
- Send applications to: http://www.norcocmh.org/careers/
- Please include your resume when applying.
STATUS: Full Time, Non-Union, Salary – Exempt
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Psychosocial Clubhouse Director is responsible for the functioning, day-to-day organization and supervision of staff and members of the Clubhouse. The Clubhouse Director ensures that the program meets all DCH, Medicaid, and other relevant accreditation standards. This person monitors the Clubhouse budget to ensure that expenditures do not exceed funding and that data and requested information are submitted in a timely manner. Assists in leading work units when needed and leads as a role model to maintain philosophy and principles of the Clubhouse. Oversees the development of the transitional employment program and supervises all staff to ensure that PSR services and work units are meeting needs of members. Designs social and vocational supports for members including evening and weekend programming.
Education: Possess a bachelor’s degree in human services with a major relevant to psychosocial programming.
Experience: Three years of professional experience with persons with mental illness with one year as a supervisor responsible for supervising a mental health program. Meet requirements of discipline in accordance with DCH and CMH standard and the Credentialing Committee. Lived experiences with behavioral health issues are valued.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Attends training to become familiar with the philosophy and standards of the Clubhouse in order to communicate and provide leadership to staff members.
2. Implements the Clubhouse Model of Psychosocial Rehabilitation by providing leadership to staff and members in developing the work ordered day, PSR services and adhering to Clubhouse Standards.
3. Assists in recruitment and hiring of staff. Responsible for supervision of all staff working in the Clubhouse.
4. Assigns and delegates staff to participate in agency committees and action teams.
5. Manages the day-to-day operation of the Clubhouse and makes final decisions affecting Clubhouse staff and members.
6. Coordinates necessary training for Clubhouse staff to ensure knowledge of Clubhouse Standards and principles of psychosocial rehabilitation.
7. Responsible for the compliance with agency requirements, Clubhouse standards, and other requirements to meet DCH contract and accreditation standards.
8. Coordinates the development and maintenance of TEP opportunities within the Clubhouse budget and with additional resources through cash match agreements with MRS and other grants. Coordinates transitional employment services with the Supported Employment Program.
9. Coordinates transportation needs of the program. May on occasion assist in transporting members.
10. Functions as agency manager and supervisor participating in meetings and contributing to administrative tasks as assigned.
11. Provides instruction and oversight to staff in clinical documentation requirements and reporting of service activity in accordance with agency policy, procedure and Medicaid requirements.
12. Monitors staff activity and the quality and appropriateness of services provided.
13. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
14. Maintains confidentiality of service recipients in accordance with HIPAA Privacy Laws and 42 C.F.R., Part 2.
Ability to walk, bend, stand, sit, lift up to 25 pounds with or without assistance, stretch/reach, hear, see, hand/finger dexterity and drive a vehicle. Position requires physical ability to complete and maintain certification in CPI techniques which will be a training class provided to the job incumbent. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions in accordance with applicable laws.
OTHER JOB SPECIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES):
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to organize, prioritize and communicate effectively, at all levels of the organization.
• Strong problem solving and creative skills; ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
• Skilled in developing comprehensive reports.
• High level of integrity and dependability; is results oriented.
• Able to maintain a positive attitude with work assignments and in relationships with co-workers.
• Maintains appropriate professional image; able to maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and in changing conditions; able to accept feedback as it relates to job performance and responsibilities.
• Must be current in Adult CPR and First Aid; provided by NCCMH.
• Complete initial training in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI); provided by NCCMH.
• Have own phone for communication, reliable access to messages, and Multi-Factoring capability.
• Have reliable transportation in carrying out agency duties.
• Possess a valid Michigan driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
• Ability to work within guidelines of the code of conduct, regulatory compliance plan and personnel policies.
• Supports a philosophy of service delivery that is recovery-based, person centered and culturally competent.
• Adhere to applicable policies and procedures as required by MDHHS and other pertinent regulatory agencies.
• Actively participate as a member of a team and offer assistance to others when needed. Participate on team projects or on committees when appropriate.
• Supports a philosophy of service delivery that is recovery-based, person centered and culturally competent
• Adherence and commitment to the principles of community mental health services, and the mission and purpose of North Country Community Mental Health.
• Report any situation that is a potential violation of the False Claims Act or any otherwise reportable occurrence as defined in the Regulatory Compliance Plan.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.