Agency Name: Allegan County CMH Services
Agency Contact: Leah Stickels
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Allegan
- Salary Range: Unknown per Hour
- Send applications to: Lstickels@accmhs.org
- Please include your resume when applying.
PSYCHIATRIC PROVIDER: Allegan County Community Mental Health Services (ACCMHS) is seeking a culturally diverse individual to serve in the full time position of psychiatric provider. This provider will work with medical staff in our outpatient psychiatric clinic as well as our clinically diverse team serving our behavioral health population. This provider will have schedule flexibility Monday through Friday and no weekend responsibility.
• Conduct comprehensive psychiatric evaluations and medication reviews
• Diagnose according to the criteria in the Diagnostic Criteria from the most recent DSM.
• Order laboratory and other special diagnostic test as deemed appropriate and evaluate laboratory and other special diagnostic test as deemed appropriate.
• Prescribe psychotropic, controlled substance and other classification of medications as appropriate and provide medication monitoring including individual compliance with medication regime, effects, and side effects.
• Prescribe FDA approved medications to treat alcohol and opioid use disorders
• Coordinate care with primary care physician whenever possible/appropriate.
• Demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to fill in for colleagues as assigned.
• Document practice activities in an informative, accurate, complete and timely fashion in electronic medical record
• Coordinate with the Medical Director, or other internal resource as appropriate concerning legal and ethical issues.
• Consult with supervising Psychiatrist as deemed necessary based on licensing requirements
• Current valid licensure in the State of Michigan, Medicaid Enrolled, Controlled Substance License and Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) License; AND
• Must have Board Certification in Adult/Child/Adolescent Psychiatry, OR
o Post-masters completion in Advanced Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing Specialty;
• Medical Degree with an active, unencumbered license OR
o Master’s Degree in accredited Nursing
• Minimum of two years of experience preferred
• Lived experiences with mental illness/developmental disabilities/substance use disorders valued
• Individuals in Recovery and individuals with experience in Armed Services valued.
Deadline: Until Filled
Send cover letter and resume to: HR@accmhs.org