Mobile Crisis Outreach Clinician
Agency Name: Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network
Agency Contact: Jackie Hall
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Wayne
- Salary Range: $63,136.00 To 75,000.00 per Year
- Send applications to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=17aa709f-d22c-4d28-8c32-567d73bb7c5a&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US&selectedMenuKey=CareerCenter
- Please include your resume when applying.
MOBILE CRISIS OUTREACH CLINICIAN
Under the general supervision of the Director of Grants and Community Engagement, the Mobile Crisis Outreach Clinician will respond on-site to crisis calls that cannot be resolved by the Access & Crisis Helpline telephonically in Wayne County. The Mobile Crisis Outreach Clinician utilizes best practices in crisis intervention in behavioral health, prevention and post-intervention crisis services, education, crisis stabilization services, short-term treatment, and follow up services until clients are connected to an ongoing services provider.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates with the Crisis Traffic Coordinator via text or cell phone before entering the destination and upon leaving for safety and to be redeployed.
• Utilizes Crisis Theory to provide crisis counseling to people to facilitate immediate stabilization of emotions and behavior.
• Provides direct and indirect services involving intensive case-management services including plan development, placement services, assistance in daily living, individual and/or group counseling, and crisis intervention.
• Refers individuals to the appropriate service provider to support clinical psychosocial evaluations in a timely manner through in-office, telehealth, or telephone visits. Clinical services may also be provided at community-based locations including schools, homeless shelters, and home-based services when appropriate.
• Develops and implements person-centered treatment plans for clients based upon clients’ areas of need, diagnoses, and symptoms.
• Maintains multi-disciplinary working relationships with clinicians and other related professionals in the community.
• Makes appropriate referrals and provides clinically appropriate multi-disciplinary interventions and collaborations.
• Prepares and completes clinic progress notes, assessments, reports, schedules, and other materials required as a function of the position.
• Educates families about the knowledge/understanding of the involuntary commitment process for Assisted Outpatient Treatment, Order for Exam, and involuntary hospitalization.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA’S)
• Knowledge of DWIHN policies, procedures, and practices.
• Knowledge of the DWIHN provider network and community resources.
• Knowledge of the Michigan Mental Health Code.
• Knowledge of MDHHS policies, rules, regulations, and procedures.
• Knowledge of Federal policies, rules, regulations, and procedures as it relates to DWIHN.
• Knowledge of Mobile Crisis principles and practices.
• Knowledge of Crisis Services principles and practices.
• Knowledge of behavioral health and mental health principles and practices.
• Knowledge of the Michigan Medicaid Provider Manual.
• Knowledge of MHWIN.
• Knowledge of the LOCUS model.
• Knowledge of the clinical care process (screening, assessment, treatment planning, case management and continuing care).
• Knowledge of and ability to use screening and assessment tools for behavioral health services.
• Knowledge of the Adult continuum of care for all disability designations (I/DD, SMI, Co-Occurring Disorder).
• Knowledge of adult’s services; Outpatient, Co- occurring services, CM, ACT, Supported Employment and Med Drop.
• Knowledge of Integrated Care services for behavioral health patients.
• Knowledge of medical and behavioral health practices and terminology.
• Knowledge of compliance standards.
• Knowledge of Medical Necessity Criteria for Behavioral Health Services.
• Knowledge of SUD guidelines and licensing certifications.
• Knowledge of crisis training and experience in de-escalation, i.e., suicide prevention, development of crisis plans, trauma informed care, etc.
• Assessment and evaluation skills.
• Conflict Resolution skills
• Computer skills.
• Organizational skills.
• Report writing skills.
• Negotiation skills.
• Problem Solving skills.
• Decision Making skills.
• Interpersonal Skills.
• Communication skills.
• Collaboration skills.
• Multitasking skills.
• Teamwork Skills.
• Ability to communicate orally.
• Ability to communicate in writing.
• Ability to work effectively with others.
• Ability to work with an ethnically, linguistically, culturally, economically and socially diverse population.
• Judgement/Reasoning ability
A Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Human Services, the Social Services, or a related field.
One (1) year of full-time paid professional clinical experience working in crisis services or a closely related area.
A Valid State of Michigan clinical licensure: RN, LMSW, LMHC, LPC, LLP or PhD.
(A limited license will be accepted).
A Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License with a safe and acceptable driving record.
Employees in this classification must travel throughout Wayne County. Candidates will be required to travel to homes, community-based settings, hospitals, schools, courts, etc.
Mobile Crisis Operations is a 24/7 unit. Candidates must be able to work a variety of shifts.
This description is not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a general description of the essential functions performed. Management retains the discretion to add or change the position at any time.
Please Note: DWIHN requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Medical or religious accommodation or other exemptions that may be required by law, will be approved when properly supported. Further information will be provided during the recruitment process.
The Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Go to our website at https://www.dwihn.org/
Find the Careers link near the bottom of the page.
Click on the Career link.
Select the posting Mobile Crisis Outreach Clinician.
Please Note: If you select the Careers Tab and you do not see this job listed, please be sure to select the View All tab for complete job listings