MIA Case Manager
Agency Name: Northern Lakes CMH Authority
Agency Contact: Aaron Fader
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Grand Traverse
- Salary Range: $51,406 - $59,906 per Year
- Send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your resume when applying.
- Download this job posting.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
• Coordinate Person-Centered Planning, including integrated care planning, with an emphasis on whole health and wellness recovery plans for those with chronic health and/or substance abuse issues. In doing so, attends to the total spectrum of the individual’s needs, including but not limited to: housing, family relationships, social activities, education, finance, employment, health, recreation, mobility, protective services and records.
• Collaborate with consumers and other providers: continually assessing the consumer’s needs and developing treatment goals, objectives, methodologies, and timelines; and evaluating progress toward those goals.
• Locate, obtain, and coordinate services outside and inside the CMH system as indicated by the individual plan of service (IPOS).
• Provide supportive services (including health education specific to his/her illness or needs) to the consumer and his/her family or other natural supports as part of the health and wellness recovery team.
• Intervenes when necessary to assure implementation of the plan (IPOS).
• Request and facilitate, when necessary, review of the IPOS by the individual’s interdisciplinary team.
• Ensure the flow and exchange of information (within HIPAA law) among the consumer, family members or other natural supports, and linked providers.
• Conduct orientation and annual integrated psychosocial assessment of individual consumer needs.
• Documents activity in accordance with state and agency guidelines in an electronic medical record.
• Establish and maintain an effective liaison between NLCMHA and outside providers.
• Participates in Quality Assurance case review procedures, including consumer satisfaction.
• Maintain current knowledge of mental health, chronic disease, and substance abuse symptomatology, including intervention and treatment strategies for selected health conditions.
• Monitor treatment plan follow-up, services to consumer and over-all conditions. Works with the providers to make necessary improvements. Follow-up problem areas as appropriate.
• Facilitate consumer’s benefits (e.g. SSI, Medicaid, SSB, Medicare).
• Review and coordinate with team and provider on decision involving hospitalization, respite and/or transfers/level of care changes. Implements plan of action on transitional care across settings.
• May participate in interventions, assessments, and other aspects of crisis services during and after hours, as necessary.
• May provide telephonic reminders of appointments and/or assistance with making appointments.
• May deliver medications to consumers as requested and observe setup of consumer’s medications.
• May represent NLCMHA on internal/external committees or work groups to enhance organizational performance and development and quality of care, including Quality Improvement activities.
• May participate in community education/community caregiver activities.
• May receive and assist in resolving complaints or inquiries related to services provided by NLCMHA.
GENERAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Set priorities and make decisions, which reflect consistency with NLCMHA’s vision and mission statements, goals, values, policies, and procedures.
• Provide services and conduct tasks in accordance with terms/conditions required by the funding source, i.e., Northern Michigan Regional Entity (NMRE Contract), Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) CMHSP Master Contract and with applicable laws and regulations.
• Participate in approved staff development activities, in-services, and supervisory sessions.
• Maintain confidentiality and develop a trusting rapport with consumers, families/guardians, staff, and the public.
• Behave and communicate in a manner that promotes a positive work atmosphere.
• Perform duties in an accurate and timely manner.
• Maintain up-to-date documentation/records/reports as applicable for position performance accountability.
• Adjust work schedule, with supervisory approval, to meet consumer and/or NLCMHA’s needs.
• Maintain an awareness to provide a safe and healthy environment and will report all hazards and/or concerns.
• Accept other responsibilities and duties required by the supervisor, consistent with the accomplishment of NLCMHA’s goals and objectives and the functions of this position. Such responsibilities shall be incorporated into the job description if they involve a lengthy commitment of time or are ongoing.
• Advise supervisor if actual practice (activity) begins to deviate significantly from specified essential functions.