IT Network Administrator
Agency Name: Sanilac County CMH
Agency Contact: Sheila Hill, HR Manager
- Position Type: Part Time
- Job Type: Contractual
- County: Other
- Salary Range: Contracted per Hour
- Send applications to: www.sanilaccmh.org
- Please include your resume when applying.
Position: IT Network Administrator -Independent Contract
Position code: #20-36
Position Location: Administration
Position Characteristics: Refer to Attached Job Description
Minimum Qualifications: Refer to Attached Job Description
Current Work hours: Average of 15 Hrs. /Wk., varies dependent on agency need
Immediate Supervisor: Patricia Molloy, IT/Maintenance Supervisor
Date Position Posted: May 21, 2020
Deadline: Until Filled
Please submit contract requirements
All internal and external job applicants are required to use UltiPro to apply for this position. Please see the Sanilac County CMH website at www.sanilaccmh.org and click on “Employment”.
Sanilac County Community Mental Health Authority
Information Technology Network Administrator
Job Title: Information Technology – Network Administrator
Department: Information Technology Department
Location: Administration Building
Prepared By: Patty Molloy
Prepared Date: 10/09/2019
Reports To: Information Technology Supervisor
Revision Date: 11/19/2004; 03/08/2005; 09/19/2005; 09/26/2006, 01/03/2007, 10/09/2019
Under the supervision of the Information Technology Supervisor; acts as the Network Administrator and is an active participant in a team approach to Information Technology administration. The NA’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core agency’s functions. This is achieved by planning, developing, installing, configuring, monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems and applications. NA will also analyze and resolve end user software programs and connectivity issues in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required. The NA will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. The NA is directly responsible for Project Management within the position. It also assists the Information Technology Department as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but it’s not limited to the following;
• Configure, optimize, and maintain network servers, firewall, routers, switches, database systems, workstations and printers.
• Manage file server, quotas and file permissions
• Manage Remote Desktop Servers and VPN connections
• Windows Server engineering, upgrades, support, and maintenance (Vcenter).
• Evaluates, installs, and maintains patches, updates firmware, and resolves software related problems
• Expand/modify network infrastructure as needs and priorities change
• Maintain vendor hardware/software licensing, support and contracts
• Troubleshooting, diagnosing, researching, and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
• Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
• View logs and monitor the performance and security of networks and computer systems
• Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software
• Diagnose and resolve network connectivity issues in a quick fashion
• Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
• Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
• Test release of products to minimize user impact and ensure compatibility.
• Desktop / PC / Thin Client configuration and support
• Provide network support to users.
• Responsible for administration and Control of Biometric Security Systems
• Active Directory administration and maintain network users/permissions.
• Office365 administration
• Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups (Veeam)
• Create technical support documentation for systems and applications and Document and report all network changes
• Assist with obtaining pricing, bids and ordering of computer related equipment and software.
• Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Ability to be flexible and work under deadlines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree and/or certification in an IT Related Field preferred and a minimum of two years of related experience required. Working knowledge and experience in the administration of Vcenter Server, Vsphere, MS Servers 2012/2016/2019, Veeam, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO, LAN/WAN, O365, Barracuda, Firewall, File Server, Print Server, Thin Clients, Sonicwall, Netwrix, Windows 8/10 and computer components, Network Topology, and Communications configurations.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
• Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Ability to read and comprehend technical instructions, correspondence and memos. Ability to write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to employees of the organization, clients and customers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral and diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Familiarity with a wide range of computer hardware and software, terminologies and technologies. Detail oriented, mathematically correct.
1. Ability to perform under pressure.
2. Ability to communicate with public and other agencies in a professional manner.
3. Ability to communicate with staff in a professional manner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.