IT Desktop Support Specialist II
Agency Name: Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network
Agency Contact: Donte Huffman
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Wayne
- Salary Range: $55,538.00 To 70,000.00 per Year
- Send applications to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=17aa709f-d22c-4d28-8c32-567d73bb7c5a&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US&selectedMenuKey=CareerCenter
- Please include your resume when applying.
- Download this job posting.
IT DESKTOP SUPPORT SPECIALIST II
Under the supervision of the Technology Support Manager, the Desktop Support Specialist II is responsible for providing technical support for computer hardware and software applications for DWIHN employees and departments.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides operating system installation and maintenance of IT systems.
• Installs standard desktop applications on new systems.
• Installs RAM and Hard Drives in older machines.
• Tracks trouble calls in Help Desk software system.
• Assists colleagues with migration to new computer system.
• Documents installation procedures or updates.
• Provides group trainings on new products and new user orientations.
• Assists with identification of server-related problems or network global issues.
• Navigates the Windows Server and VMWare server environment.
• Identifies and recommends new software and/or hardware products.
• Assists with document management systems administrations activities.
• Assists with support of mobile users via VPN, Cell Phone, and Cellular Hotspots.
• Assists with the management of multifunction printers for network printing and scanning.
• Assists with multimedia presentation and video conference setups for meetings both onsite and offsite.
• Assists with software updates for Windows, Office, Antivirus, and other application updates.
• Assists in administration and usage of PBX, VoIP, and other business class phone and fax system.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of IT hardware.
• Knowledge of IT software applications.
• Knowledge of IT networks.
• Knowledge of IT servers.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of Cloud Applications
• Knowledge of computer network setup.
• Knowledge of IT automated phone systems.
• Knowledge of IT automated printers.
• Computer skills
• Time management skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Teamwork skills
• Customer Service skills
• Conflict Resolution skills
• Decision Making skills
• Training skills
• Ability to communicate orally
• Ability to communicate in writing
• Ability to work effectively with others
• Ability to work with an ethnically, linguistically, culturally, economically and socially diverse population
• Judgement/Reasoning ability
A college degree in a Computer/IT related field.
1. Two years of experience in the following areas:
a. Active Directory, Windows 10, Server 2012/2016 environments experience
b. Advanced computer hardware configuration
c. Advanced Microsoft Office suite
d. Electronic E-mail systems (Office 365)
e. Extensive Help Desk and Customer Support Skills
f. First level support and trouble shooting skills
g. Software life cycle
Or an equivalent combination of college and/or years of experience.
A valid State of Michigan Driver’s License with a safe and acceptable driving record.
Work requires the employee to drive to different sites throughout Wayne County and the State of Michigan. This is a hybrid remote position. Employees will be allowed to work remotely, yet, will be required to come to the office at least two days per week to complete required duties and responsibilities.
This description is not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as the essential functions performed. Management retains the discretion to add or change the position at any time.
Please Note: DWIHN requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Medical or religious accommodations or other exemptions that may be required by law, will be approved when properly supported. Further information will be provided during the recruitment process.
The Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Go to our website at https://www.dwihn.org/
Find the Careers link near the bottom of the page.
Click on the Career link.
Select the posting IT Desktop Support Specialist II.