Housing Case Manager
Agency Name: Allegan County CMH Services
Agency Contact: Leah Stickels
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Allegan
- Salary Range: Unknown per Hour
- Send applications to: HR@accmhs.org
- Please include your resume when applying.
Case Manager – Housing Team: Allegan County Community Mental Health Services has three (3) full-time positions to support and facilitate the process of securing and retaining safe and stable housing for Allegan County residents. The Case Manager acts as an advocate, counselor, life skills coach and resource for individuals and families who may be couch surfing, living in overcrowded or other precarious or unsafe situations or living in places that are literally not meant for human habitation – outdoors, in cars or abandoned buildings, in tents or other makeshift shelter without basic protection from the elements and/or heat, running water, or electricity.
SHOULD I APPLY?
• driven to make a difference and know how complicated and stressful that can be?
• able to offer compassionate and respectful care while maintaining the boundaries it takes to be effective?
• aware that the amazing work of helping people comes with rules, policies, procedures and a fair amount of documentation and paperwork?
• someone with a Bachelor’s degree in social work or other human service field or within one year of completion?
If you answered yes to these questions, we want to hear from you. If you have experience as a Case Manager or similar position, and if you have working knowledge of trauma-informed care and the role of behavioral health in people’s ability to meet their basic needs, you might just be a perfect fit!
One more thing – this is a grant-funded position, but the grants are long-standing and stable.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant Human Services discipline strongly preferred but will consider applicants within one year of completion
• Relevant work experience
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record and adequate insurance with a reliable vehicle available at all times.
• Can remain organized and focused in the midst of ever-changing client needs, shifting between active and sedentary work, and meeting client needs while also completing required paperwork and data entry.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, including understanding and respecting the unique strengths, challenges and barriers faced by those we serve.
• Identify, secure and arrange shelter and housing to meet individuals’ and families’ immediate, temporary, and permanent needs.
• Provide access, screening and authorization for services, including in-person and phone contacts via community outreach or the Homeless Assistance Program line
• Conduct outreach to identify those in need of services and provide basic needs assistance and service information
• Actively engage clients in developing their service plans, prioritizing their voice in what’s working and what isn’t
• Facilitate access to available financial subsidies and concrete supports
• Provide services at the times and in the locations most convenient and comfortable to the client(s)
• Documentation of services and collection of program, service and community data according to established protocols, including entry into state Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
Deadline for resumes: Until positions are filled.