Agency Name: Sanilac County CMH
Agency Contact: Sheila Hill
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Sanilac
- Salary Range: Must submit letter with salary of requirements per Year
- Send applications to: www.sanilaccmh.org
- Download this job posting.
Position: Finance Manager
Position code: # 19-39
Position Location: Administration
Position Characteristics: Refer to Attached Job Description
Minimum Qualifications: Refer to Attached Job Description
Compensation Range: Must submit salary requirements
Position Dates: ASAP
Immediate Supervisor: Eric Eggert, CFO
Date Position Posted: August 12, 2019
Deadline: August 30, 2019
All internal and external job applicants are required to use UltiPro to apply for this position. Please see the Sanilac County CMH website at www.sanilaccmh.org and click on “Employment”.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: CMH Building
Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer
Prepared Date: 08/09/2019
Reviewed By HR: 08/09/2019
Revised By: Eric Eggert
Under the direct supervision of the CFO; serves as the Finance Manager, directs the organization’s financial planning and accounting practices as well as its financial relationship with the Michigan Department of Mental Health and the community. This position serves as the focal point in fiscal functioning. This position also directs the Finance Department by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Oversees and directs treasury, budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, payroll, and insurance activities for the organization.
• Establishes, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of the procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services.
• Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
• Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
• Directs and coordinates the establishment of budget programs.
• Prepares and distributes the year-end financial reports.
• Assists in the study of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the organization’s policies and operations.
• Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
• Supervises the finance department.
• Perform other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• RESPECT FOR INDIVIDUALS; consistently treats all people with dignity and respect.
• JOB PERFORMANCE ACCURACY/EFFICIENCY; ability to properly organize and carry out job duties completing a normal amount of work in a timely manner
• JOB KNOWLEDGE/SKILL; extent of job information and understanding possessed by employee.
• JOB ATTITUDE; amount of interest, enthusiasm, and positive intent shown on the job.
• FOLLOWS POLICIES; demonstrates understanding of an adherence to policies.
• COMMUNICATION; verbal and written communication are constructive, effective, respectful and clear.
• COST CONSCIOUSNESS; works within budget/develops and implements cost saving methods.
• DELEGATION; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
• JUDGEMENT/DISCRETION; extent to which decision and actions are based on sound reasoning and weighing of possible outcomes.
• LEADERSHIP; exhibits confidence in others, takes action and reacts well under pressure.
• MANAGES PEOPLE; provides direction to subordinates and provides regular feedback/responsible for subordinate activities.
• PLANNING AND ORGANIZATION; plans and organizes work activities/uses time efficiently.
• PROBLEM SOLVING; identifies problems, develops solutions and resolves situations in early stages.
Manage subordinate supervisors and staff; responsible for overall direction, coordination, and evaluation. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree in Accounting preferred, a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required. Five years of experience in Accounting and financial reporting with Michigan CMHSP/PIHP required OR Five Years of experience in a financial leadership role in a medical system required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Intermediate Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.. Has the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Has the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Michigan Driver’s license.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing, Excel, Access software, Outlook and Financial Software. Typing speed of 45 wpm is recommended.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; stoop/kneel use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Sanilac County CMH embraces an employment environment that promotes recovery and discovery, a person-centered approach to treatment/services, and cultural competence. An employee in this or any position is expected to support the employment environment. This includes having lived experience with behavioral health issues.