Agency Name: Sanilac County CMH
Agency Contact: Tracey Finall
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Contractual
- County: Sanilac
- Salary Range: $20.93-$25.21 per Hour
- Send applications to: www.sanilaccmh.org
- Please include your resume when applying.
- Download this job posting.
Job Title: EAA Assistant
Location: CMH Administration Building
Supervisor: Executive Administrative Assistant
Classification: Confidential Employee
Prepared Date: 09/26/2022
Revised By: Chief Executive Officer
Revised Date: 09/26/2022
Under the supervision of the Executive Administrative Assistant (EAA), this position will be responsible for a wide variety of administrative assistant functions in support to the EAA. These activities include, among other things, typing minutes, maintaining records, collecting and tracking data, primary liaison for the Chief Operating Officer’s (COO) scheduling demands, planning, assisting with scheduling and/or coordinating events for the Board; assisting the EAA to resolve agency day to day administrative and operational problems when contacted by staff or the community, and supporting the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Acts as backup Recording Secretary to the Board.
• Acts as backup Board liaison for Board/CEO.
• Calculates quarterly per diems for the Board and other Committees as assigned, under the supervision of the EAA.
• Serves as a confidential employee
• Provide backup administrative support to the CEO – write, draft, edit and process correspondence/documents as needed.
• Provide administrative support to the COO – write, draft, edit and process correspondence/documents as needed, under the supervision of the EAA.
• Maintain Agency contract files and subject files under the direction of the EAA.
• Backup the EAA in coordinating Board/Officer travel arrangements
• Backup the EAA in organizing/planning of Board/agency parties
• Backup the EAA in the preparation of weekly Administrative Committee agendas and meeting notes as well as arranges location.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of internal Agency structure and operations
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of community resources related to administrative functions
• Perform other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• RESPECT FOR INDIVIDUALS: consistently treats all people with dignity and respect.
• JOB PERFORMANCE ACCURACY/EFFICIENCY: ability to properly organize and carry out job duties completing a normal amount of work in a timely manner
• JOB KNOWLEDGE/SKILL: extent of job information and understanding possessed by employee.
• JOB ATTITUDE: amount of interest, enthusiasm, and positive intent shown on the job.
• FOLLOWS POLICIES: demonstrates understanding of and adherence to policies.
• ADAPTABILITY: extent to which employee adapts to changes in work situation.
• COMMUNICATION: verbal and written communication are constructive, effective, respectful and clear.
• COOPERATION: establishes and maintains effective relationships.
• INITIATIVE: extent to which employee is a self-starter in attaining job objectives.
• JUDGMENT/DISCRETION: extent to which decision and actions are based on sound reasoning and weighing of possible outcomes.
• PLANNING AND ORGANIZATION: Plans and organizes work activities/uses time efficiently.
• PROFESSIONALISM: Accepts responsibility for actions and follows through on commitments.
• TEAMWORK: demonstrates ability and willingness to work cooperatively and effectively as part of a team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidate must have excellent computer skills including a working knowledge of Word, Excel and Windows. A typing speed of 65 wpm is required. The ability to exercise discretion, customer service and independent judgment is required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Michigan Driver’ License
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to use basic office machines. Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment. A commitment to safeguard recipient’s rights. Ability to organize time and prioritize tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Sanilac County CMH embraces an employment environment that promotes recovery and discovery, a person-centered approach to treatment/services, and cultural competence. An employee in this or any position is expected to support the employment environment. This includes having lived experience with behavioral health issues.