Crisis Intervention Professional
Agency Name: Hiawatha Behavioral Health
Agency Contact: Jenni Russo, HR Admin. Asst.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Chippewa
- Salary Range: $38,105.60-46,113.60 per Year
- Send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your resume when applying.
- Download this job posting.
**$5,000 Sign on Bonus/3 Year Commitment**
SUMMARY: Provide crisis intervention and referral services for persons seeking assistance within Chippewa County Monday through Friday 8am-5pm. Also required to provide crisis intervention services as part of a rotating team for afterhours coverage, as assigned. Collaborate with providers and other referral sources to ensure coordination of care for the person served. Work with Psychiatric hospitals and service providers to coordinate follow-up of mental health services for persons being discharge from an inpatient treatment. Work with local law enforcement and courts systems to assist with jail diversion for persons with mental illness and intellectual and developmental disabilities.
WORK HOURS: Full Time, Regular, 40 hours per week.
1. State of Michigan Registration as a Licensed Bachelors or Masters Social Worker, or Licensed Professional Counselor, or Registered Nurse required. (LLBSW, LBSW, LLMSW, LMSW, LLPC, LPC, RN)
2. Three to five years of clinical practice/experience in a mental health setting preferred. Knowledge of psychotropic medications preferred. One year of experience with emergency services and knowledge of community resources preferred.
3. Knowledge and/or experience assisting people diagnosed with substance use disorders.
4. Demonstrated customer service skills and ability to work cooperatively with agency employees, persons served, stakeholders, and general public.
5. Proficient computer skills necessary, with experience utilizing Excel & Microsoft Word programs.
6. Appointment is subject to criminal background check and negative urine drug screen.
7. Must be at least 18 years of age, possess a valid driver’s license, and provide own transportation.