Clinical Practice Improvement Administrator
Agency Name: Detroit Wayne Integrated Health Network
Agency Contact: DWIHN Human Resources
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Wayne
- Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience per Year
- Send applications to: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=46595d30-595a-4b2b-9a9e-936f8beff433&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
- Please include your resume when applying.
Under the supervision of the Chief Medical Officer, the Clinical Practice Improvement Administrator will lead the efforts to develop an infrastructure to support clinical standardization and consistency throughout the Detroit Wayne Mental Health Authority Provider Network. This position will support practice reform, improve care coordination between service providers, and promote improved outcomes and support practice transformation, with a focus on evidence based practice interventions. The CPI Administrator will be directly responsible for the leadership and development of staff as his or her reports. This is a full-time position with a generous benefit plan as well as paid time off.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Leads and facilitates clinical practice standardization, evidence-based practice (EBP) projects, research and supports performance improvement (PI) activities for the network with the intent to improve outcomes.
2. Leads the implementation of evidence based practice, manages fidelity reviews, provides technical assistance to network providers, and serves as a consultant to research and PI projects.
3. Clinical Practice Improvement focus areas include:
a. Integrated Care
b. Emergency Response & Crisis Management
c. Achieving Health Equity
d. Consumer safety & practice assessment
e. Beneficiary Engagement
f. Care Coordination/Care Transition
g. Population Health Management
h. Expanded Access to Care
4. Leads and organizes clinical studies and ongoing performance comparisons within DWIHN, our network of providers and other organizations.
5. Conducts a variety of duties involved in the organization, collection, compilation, documentation and analysis of clinical research and performance improvement data.
6. Reports status of clinical performance to administration, medical/clinical leadership, Improving Practice Leadership Team (IPLT), Quality Improvement Steering Committee (QISC), and other disciplines.
7. Responsible for adhering to DWIHN policies and procedures; abiding by the DWIHN Bylaws; and practicing within the guidelines of the State of Michigan LARA.
8. Manages a team of practitioners
9. Facilitate the Research Advisory Committee (RAC).
10. Attends assigned meetings.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related field.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
Licensed in the State of Michigan as appropriate to practice.
Five years of previous clinical experience required.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in Mental Health, Children’s Mental Health, Substance Use Disorders, and Intellectual and Development Disabilities; Evidence Based Practice, Research, Training; and Performance and Quality Improvement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
• Evidence Based Practice(s), practice guidelines and protocols, practice standards
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Knowledge of resources for behavioral health, social services and other community supports
• Demonstrated ability to instruct/train individuals and groups
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• Possess the ability to conduct oneself professionally
• Highly organized and focused with ability to set priorities; including reporting and documenting activities in a timely manner
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others (colleagues, supervisors, service providers, etc.)
• Team leader with effective leadership skills