Child and Family Specialist
Agency Name: Northern Lakes CMH Authority
Agency Contact: Aaron Fader
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Wexford
- Salary Range: $51,406 - $59,906 per Year
- Send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your resume when applying.
- Download this job posting.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS (listing Position Specific functions first):
• Coordinate Person-Centered Planning. In doing so, attends to the total spectrum of the individual’s needs, including but not necessarily limited to, housing, family relationship, social activities, education, finance, employment, health, recreation, mobility, protective services, and records.
• Collaborate with consumers (and staff) assessing their needs, develop treatment goals, objectives, methodologies, timelines, and evaluate progress toward goals.
• Locate, obtain, and coordinate services outside and inside the CMH system as indicated by the individual treatment plan.
• Provide supportive services to the consumer and his/her family.
• May participate in interventions, assessments, and other aspects of crisis services during and after hours as necessary.
• Intervenes when necessary to assure implementation of the plan
• Request, when necessary, review of the individual program plan by the individual’s interdisciplinary team.
• Facilitate interdisciplinary team evaluation and review for assigned consumers, as indicated.
• Conduct orientation and annual psychosocial assessment of individual consumer needs.
• Evaluate, facilitates and monitors services and consumers progress in relationship to established goals and objectives and document as appropriate.
• Establish and maintain an effective liaison between NLCMHA and outside providers.
• Participates in Quality Assurance case review procedures, including consumer satisfaction.
• Maintain current knowledge of mental health symptomatology, intervention, and treatment strategies.
• Monitor treatment plan follow-up, services to consumer and over-all conditions. Works with the providers to make necessary improvements. Follow-up problem areas as appropriate.
• Facilitate consumer’s benefits (e.g., SSI, Medicaid, SSB, Medicare).
• Review and coordinate with team and provider on decision involving hospitalization, respite and/or transfers/level of care changes. Implements plan of action.
• May deliver medications to consumers as requested.
• May observe setup of consumer’s medications.
• May represent NLCMHA on internal/external committees or work groups to enhance organizational performance and development and quality of care, including Quality Improvement activities.
• May participate in community education/community caregiver activities.
• May receive and assist in resolving complaints or inquiries related to services provided by NLCMHA.