Agency Name: Sanilac County CMH
Agency Contact: Sheila Hill
- Position Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Permanent
- County: Sanilac
- Salary Range: $17.01/Hr.-$24.98 /Hr. per Hour
- Send applications to: www.sanilaccmh.org
Position: Accountant (Union)
Position code: # 19-38
Position Location: Administration
Position Characteristics: Refer to Attached Job Description
Minimum Qualifications: Refer to Attached Job Description
Current Work hours: 37.5 Hrs./Wk.
Compensation Range: If hired prior to 10/06/2008
$33,169.50-$48,711.00- if annualized
Position Dates: ASAP
Immediate Supervisor: Eric Eggert, CFO
Date Position Posted: August 8, 2019
Union Deadline: August 14, 2019
External Deadline: ASAP
All internal and external job applicants are required to use UltiPro to apply for this position. Please see the Sanilac County CMH website at www.sanilaccmh.org and click on “Employment”.
Job Title: Accountant
Location: CMH Administration
Supervisor: Finance Director
Classification: Professional/BA level
Prepared Date: 03/11/1998
Revised By: Eric Eggert
Reviewed By HR: 12/01/2014, 12/01/2015, 01/09/17, 12/01/2017
Revised Date: 1/7/04, 9/29/04, 7/31/07, 06/13/2008, 01/08/2010, 04/19/2013, 03/12/14, 02/23/2016, 08/07/2019
Under the supervision of the Finance Director, keeps records of financial transactions for the agency by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Verifies, allocates, and posts details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files from documents such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs, and computer print-outs.
• Performs Accounts Payable duties from the receipt of a requisition to the preparation of checks for payment.
• Payroll duties include the calculation of employee wages from records or time cards, the preparation of payroll reports and vouchers, and the maintenance of payroll files.
• Responds to questions from vendors (accts. pay.) and staff (payroll).
• Allocates and posts details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files from documents such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs, and computer printouts.
• Summarizes details in separate ledgers or computer files and transfers data to general ledger.
• Reconciles and balances general ledger accounts and bank accounts.
• Compiles reports to show statistics such as cash receipts and expenditures.
• Analyzes and assists in preparation of Agency budgets.
• Maintains accounts receivable records.
• Prepares 1099s.
• Calculates and prepares OBRA billings.
• Tracks Medicaid Inpatient and PHP stays.
• Assist in Preparation of financial statements
• Assists in preparation of state reports
• Assists in annual audit.
• Tracks full management stays.
• Maintains inventory of equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• RESPECT FOR INDIVIDUALS: consistently treats all people with dignity and respect.
• JOB PERFORMANCE ACCURACY/EFFICIENCY: ability to properly organize and carry out job duties completing a normal amount of work in a timely manner
• JOB KNOWLEDGE/SKILL: extent of job information and understanding possessed by employee.
• JOB ATTITUDE: amount of interest, enthusiasm, and positive intent shown on the job.
• FOLLOWS POLICIIES: demonstrates understanding of an adherence to policies.
• ADAPTABILITY: extent to which employee adapts to changes in work situation.
• COMMUNICATION: verbal and written communication are constructive, effective, respectful and clear.
• COOPERATION: establishes and maintains effective relationships.
• INITIATIVE: extent to which employee is a self-starter in attaining job objectives.
• JUDGEMENT/DISCRETION: extent to which decision and actions are based on sound reasoning and weighing of possible outcomes.
• PLANNING AND ORGANIZATION: Plans and organizes work activities/uses time efficiently.
• PROFESSIONALISM: Accepts responsibility for actions and follows through on commitments.
• TEAMWORK: demonstrates ability and willingness to cooperatively and effectively as part of a team.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Candidates/Employees are required to have at least a Bachelors Degree in Accounting from an accredited school and 5 years of experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions one on one, from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Intermediate Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Has the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Intermediate Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Michigan Driver’s License.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software, Excel and Access. Typing speed of 45 wpm is recommended.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Sanilac County CMH embraces an employment environment that promotes recovery and discovery, a person-centered approach to treatment/services, and cultural competence. An employee in this or any position is expected to support the employment environment. This includes having lived experience with behavioral health issues.