Virtual - LOCUS Trainer Cohort: Taking a Look at Independent Criteria
|Start Date||Friday, February 03, 2023|
Sign into Virtual Training - 9:15AM
Education - 9:30AM-12:00PM
**Please review the FAQ Document before registering**
This live webinar will assist trainers/supervisors/administrators in developing their teaching skills relative to teaching about independent criteria, overrides, and clinical rationales with the LOCUS (Level of Care Utilization System). Emphasis will be on teaching and assessing for competency on this subject matter.
There is no fee to attend this training. Registration is required and space is limited. Registration closes three business days before the training begins.
9:30-10:45a Introductions and Follow-up to last month’s session
Teaching Independent Criteria
· Purpose of independent criteria and overrides.
· Importance of Risk Management
· Writing a good clinical rationale
· Teaching strategies for independent criteria, overrides, and clinical rationales
11-11:20a Breakout sessions: Problem solving and practice
11:20-11:45a Debriefing with full group11:45a-12p Next Session Preparation and Q & A
Jean Pfaendtner, LMSW - MDHHS LOCUS Consultant
Jasmin White, LPC, CAADC - MDHHS LOCUS Consultant
Social Workers: This course qualifies for a maximum of 2.5 Continuing Education hours. The Community Mental Health Association is an approved provider with the Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative. Approved Provider Number: MICEC 060818. Qualifies as “face-to-face (in-person) education”.
Certificate Awarded: After confirmation that you have fully participated in this training (see Virtual Participation section above), completed the quiz and evaluation, your Continuing Education Certificate will be emailed to you within 30 days of the training.
Virtual Participation Guidelines:
Virtual trainings are to be treated with the same attention and vigor as an in-person training. You are expected to actively participate in the virtual training. See below for additional information about virtual education recommendations and requirements.
1. After registering through the CMHA website, you will receive a confirmation email.
2. If applicable- Payment must be received 5 business days prior to the training.
3. One week prior to the training, we will send you an email which will include a link to register for the training in Zoom. You will only be sent this link if you have paid for the training.
4. Your Zoom confirmation email will include the link to access the training for the dates scheduled, these links are specific to the registrant, each individual will need their own unique link. It is recommended that you save the Zoom link in your calendar for easy access the day of the training.
5. You must watch the virtual training LIVE to receive credit for the training.
6. A computer or tablet is required for participating in this virtual training. Cell phones are not acceptable due to size limitation when viewing the PowerPoint slides and participating in polls. Phone audio only option is not acceptable.
7. Only 1 participant per Zoom link/device—each registrant will need to log in individually for accurate CE participation tracking.
8. In order to receive credit for this training attendees must be on video via their own device, showing the individual throughout the entire training (unless otherwise directed by the presenter) and be situated in a way that is sufficient for active engagement and learning as determined by CMHA.
9. Technology challenges: It is the attendee’s responsibility to ensure that their technology is working and that they are familiar with Zoom. CMHA Staff will not be able to assist you with IT challenges during the training. Click here to access detailed instructions and videos if you are unfamiliar with zoom.
10. Chat Feature: Lack of response to multiple Chats directly from moderators may impact your ability to receive continuing education credits. After 3 failed attempts to reach the attendee via Chat, you will not be eligible to receive continuing education credits.
11. We do not allow for training participants to be in their automobile/driving during trainings due to Michigan Distracted Driving Laws. Here is a link that has more information on Distracted Driving.
12. It is recommended that attendees log into the Zoom waiting room at least 15 minutes before the training begins.
13. Registration reports will indicate arrival and departure times (note for continuing education you must be logged into the virtual training within 5 minutes of the start of the training).
14. Polls will be randomly given with a limited time for attendees to respond. This is required for continuing education.
15. Internet: A strong internet connection is highly recommended. If your internet service is not able to stream videos, it will likely not be strong enough to support a virtual training. You will want a minimum upload speed of 5mbps. If technology may be an issue for you, please contact CMHA at 517-374-6848 to discuss options further.
16. Each training takes place in the time zone of its location and all agenda times reflect that.
17. After confirmation that you have fully participated in this training, completed the polls and evaluation, your Continuing Education Certificate will be emailed to you within 30 days of the training.
If you need accommodations to attend this virtual training, please email your request to email@example.com 10 business days before the training. Information will be updated as applicable.
Substitutions are permitted 3 business days prior to the training. While there is no fee for this training, we request written cancellation notice 10 business days before training (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you find that you are unable to attend once you have registered.
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, through the Community Mental Health Association of Michigan, has provided funding for this initiative through Federal Community Mental Health Block Grant.