Virtual ACT 201 Team Leader/Supervisor Training
|Start Date||Friday, August 05, 2022|
Sign-in to Virtual Platform - 11:45 AM
Education: 12:00-4:30 PM
This training will focus on four areas identified as needing more exploration by Team Leads/Supervisors from previous ACT 201 trainings.
11:45 AM - Sign-in to Virtual Platform - Zoom
12:00-1:00 PM - Team Building/Self-Care & Breakout Sessions
1:00-2:00 PM - Trauma- Informed Care/DBT & Breakout Sessions
2:00-3:00 PM - ACT Model/MIFAST & Breakout Sessions
3:00-4:30 PM - Motivational Interviewing & Breakout Sessions
4:30 PM - Conclusion of Training
1. Participants will be able to identify at least 3 quantifiable signs of lack of self-care.
|Who Should Attend||
ACT Team Leaders & Supervisors
Laura Moore, LMSW, CADC: Laura has 26 years of experience in the field of social work/community mental health and is currently the ACT Team Supervisor for Lapeer CMH. Laura is also a Lead MIFAST reviewer.
John Moir, LMSW, CADC-M: John has over 30 years of experience in the mental health/substance abuse field, including 18 years in community mental health. John has recently accepted a position as a full-time therapist with Henry Ford Health System and is also a MIFAST reviewer.
Social Workers: This course qualifies for a maximum of 4.5 Continuing Education Hours. The Community Mental Health Association (CMHA) is an approved provider with the Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative. Approved Provider Number: MICEC 060818. Qualifies as “face-to-face (in-person) education”.
Substance Abuse Professionals: CMHA is approved by Michigan Certification Board for Addiction Professionals (MCBAP). CMHA maintains the responsibility for the program and content. Substance Abuse Professionals participating in this training may receive a maximum of 4.5 Related Contact Hours. Some "Related" workshops may meet MCBAP/IC&RC educational requirements for focused topics in addiction certification domains, such as for Peer Recovery or Supervisor credentials. It is important that attendees keep a copy of the conference program brochure containing the workshop description. Qualifies as “in-person education”.
Certificate Awarded: After confirmation that you have fully participated in this training (see Virtual Participation Guidelines above), completed the polls and evaluation, your Continuing Education Certificate will be emailed to you within 30 days of the training.
National Accreditation Rules: National Accreditation rules indicate that if you are over five (5) minutes late or depart early, you forfeit your continuing education hours for the entire training. Please note that this is a National rule that CMHA must enforce or we could lose our provider status to provide continuing education hours in the future. This rule will be strictly followed.
Virtual Participation Guidelines: Virtual trainings are to be treated with the same attention and vigor as an in person training. You are expected to actively participate in the virtual training. See below for additional information about virtual education recommendations and requirements.
1. After registering through the CMHA website, you will receive a confirmation email.
2. Payment must be received 5 business days prior to the training.
3. One week prior to the training, we will send you an email which will include a link to register for the training in Zoom. You will only be sent this link if you have paid for the training.
4. Your Zoom confirmation email will include the link to access the training for the dates scheduled, these links are specific to the registrant, each individual will need their own unique link. It is recommended that you save the Zoom link in your calendar for easy access the day of the training.
5. You must watch the virtual training LIVE to receive credit for the training.
6. A computer or tablet is required for participating in this virtual training. Cell phones are not acceptable due to size limitation when viewing the PowerPoint slides and participating in polls. Phone audio only option is not acceptable.
7. Only 1 participant per Zoom link/device - each registrant will need to log in individually for accurate CE participation tracking.
8. In order to receive credit for this training attendees must be on video via their own device, showing the individual throughout the entire training (unless otherwise directed by the presenter) and be situated in a way that is sufficient for active engagement and learning as determined by CMHA.
9. Technology challenges: It is the attendee's responsibility to ensure that their technology is working and that they are familiar with Zoom. CMHA Staff will not be able to assist you with IT challenges during the training. Click here to access detailed instructions and videos if you are unfamiliar with zoom.
10. Chat Feature: Lack of response to multiple Chats directly from moderators may impact your ability to receive continuing education credits. After 3 failed attempts to reach the attendee via Chat, you will not be eligible to receive continuing education credits.
11. We do not allow for training participants to be in their automobile/driving during trainings due to Michigan Distracted Driving Laws. Here is a link that has more information on Distracted Driving.
12. It is recommended that attendees log into the Zoom waiting room at least 15 minutes before the training begins.
13. Registration reports will indicate arrival and departure times (note for continuing education you must be logged into the virtual training within 5 minutes of the start of the training).
14. Polls will be randomly given with a limited time for attendees to respond. This is required for continuing education.
15. Internet: A strong internet connection is highly recommended. If your internet service is not able to stream videos, it will likely not be strong enough to support a virtual training. You will want a minimum upload speed of 5mbps. If technology may be an issue for you, please contact CMHA at 517-374-6848 to discuss options further.
16. Each training takes place in the time zone of its location and all agenda times reflect that.
17. After confirmation that you have fully participated in this training, completed the polls and evaluation, your Continuing Education Certificate will be emailed to you within 30 days of the training.
Evaluation/Grievance: There will be an opportunity for each participant to complete an evaluation of the course and the instructor. This will be set to you via email on the final day of the training. If you have any issues with the way in which this training was conducted or other problems, you may note that on your evaluation or you may contact CMHA at 517-374-6848 or through our webpage at www.cmham.org for resolution.
|Refund Policy||Refunds will be processed within 60 days of the event.|
Substitutions are permitted 3 business days prior to the training. No-shows will be billed at the full training rate. Cancellations must be received in writing at least 10 business days prior to the training for a full refund less a $15 cancellation fee. If cancellation is received less than 10 business days prior to the training, no refund will be given. Refunds will be issued within 90 days of the training. You will receive a refund receipt to the email address provided when the original payment was made. If you have not received a receipt, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with registrant and organization name, training name and date, and order number.
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, through the Community Mental Health Association of Michigan, has provided funding for this initiative through Federal Community Mental Health Block Grant.