Virtual - Competency Development with the LOCUS
|Start Date||Monday, April 12, 2021|
Sign into Virtual Training - 12:45PM
Education - 1:00-2:30PM
This live webinar will assist trainers/supervisors/administrators in identifying mechanisms that support competency development with the LOCUS (Level of Care Utilization System). Focus will be on developing an understanding of competency assessment and strategies for enhancing competency with LOCUS users. Participants will come away with a beginning toolbox of strategies and activities that promote LOCUS competency development.
There is no fee to attend this training. Registration is required and space is limited. Registration closes 3-business days before the training begins.
Wrap Up and Q&A
1. Participants will develop an understanding of what “competency assessment” and “competency development” are.
Jean Pfaendtner, LMSW - MDHHS LOCUS Consultant
Jasmin White, LPC, CAADC - MDHHS LOCUS Consultant
Social Workers: This course qualifies for a maximum of 1.5 Continuing Education hours. The Community Mental Health Association is an approved provider with the Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative. Approved Provider Number: MICEC 060818. Qualifies as “face-to-face (in-person) education”.
Substance Abuse Professionals: CMHA is approved by Michigan Certification Board for Addiction Professionals (MCBAP). CMHAM maintains the responsibility for the program and content. Substance Abuse Professionals participating in this training may receive a maximum of 1.5 related contact hours. Some "Related" workshops may meet MCBAP/IC&RC educational requirements for focused topics in addiction certification domains, such as for Peer Recovery or Supervisor credentials. It is important that attendees keep a copy of the conference program brochure containing the workshop descriptions along with their attendance record form. Qualifies as “in-person education.”
Certificate Awarded: After confirmation that you have fully participated in this training (see Virtual Participation section above), completed the quiz and evaluation, your Continuing Education Certificate will be emailed to you within 30 days of the training.
Virtual Training Guidelines: You are expected to actively participate in the Virtual Training. See below for additional information about virtual training requirements.
* Registration with CMHA is required and space is limited. A week before the training date, you will receive an email with a link to register in Zoom.
* Your Zoom confirmation email will include the link to access the training.
* It is recommended that you save virtual training links in your calendar for easy access the day of the training.
* You must watch the virtual training LIVE to receive credit for the training.
* Each person must be on their own laptop/computer/tablet – you cannot share a device.
* Video camera must be on at all times and showing the individual. Telephone only option is not acceptable.
* We do not allow for training participants to be in their automobile/driving during trainings due to Michigan Distracted Driving Laws.
* Lack of response to multiple chats directly from moderators may impact your ability to receive continuing education credits.
* It is recommended that attendees log into the virtual waiting room at least 15 minutes before the training begins.
* Registration reports will indicate arrival and departure times from the platform (note for continuing education you must be logged into the virtual training within 5 minutes of the start of the training).
* Polls and/or quizzes will be randomly given with a limited time for attendees to respond. This is required for continuing education.
* Internet: A strong internet connection is highly recommended. If your internet service is not able to stream videos, it will likely not be strong enough to support a virtual training. You will want a minimum upload speed of 5mbps. If technology may be an issue for you, please contact CMHA at 517-374-6848 to discuss options further.
* Each training takes place in the time zone of its location and all agenda times reflect that.
* After confirmation that you have fully participated in this training, completed the quiz and evaluation, your Continuing Education Certificate will be emailed to you within 30 days of the training.
If you need accommodations to attend this virtual training, please email your request to email@example.com 10 business days before the training. Information will be updated as applicable.
Substitutions are permitted 3 business days prior to the training. While there is no fee for this training, we request written cancellation notice 10 business days before training (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you find that you are unable to attend once you have registered.
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, through the Community Mental Health Association of Michigan, has provided funding for this initiative through Federal Community Mental Health Block Grant.