SOLD OUT! VIRTUAL Pain Management and Mindfulness
|Start Date||Monday, August 03, 2020|
|Event Times||8:45am Log into the virtual training
9:00am - 11:00am
|Event Details||Mindfulness is recognized as a component of DBT, however it has now been expanded into Mindfulness Based Stress Response, Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy, and Mindfulness Based Relapse Prevention. Mindfulness proves an effective intervention with any type of impulse control issues. In addition, research proves Mindfulness as an important strategy with chronic pain. Participants attending this training should expect an overview of mindfulness applications in regard to pain management; realizing the relationship between nocioceptive, neuropathic, and affective pain; understanding the benefits of Mindfulness regarding chronic pain management and being able to determine appropriate candidates for Mindfulness. This two-hour training WILL NOT provide a level of competency in Mindfulness interventions within clinical sessions.|
Training Fees: Registration closes 5 days prior to training.
$39 CMHAM Members
8:45am - Log into virtual training
9:00am to 9:30am - Overview and fundamental concept of Mindfulness
9:30am to 10:00am - Engagement in Mindfulness exercises
10:00am to 10:30am - Application to chronic pain
10:30am to 11:00am - Application to case studies; wrap up and evaluation
Participants will be able to:
1. To list mental health and substance use disorder conditions that can be improved with Mindfulness.
2. To engage in Mindfulness exercises in order to gain direct experience of the approach.
3. To determine which client presentations are appropriate for Mindfulness.
4. To identify pain pathways and the impact of Mindfulness.
5. To examine Mindfulness as a non-medication alterative to pain.
6. To apply Mindfulness to pain management strategies.
|Who Should Attend||This course fulfills the Michigan Social Work Licensing Board’s requirement for licensure renewal for pain management.|
Thomas (Tom) L. Moore, MS, MA, LMSW, LLP, CAADAC, MAC, CCS
Owner and Principle, Two Moons, LLC
Thomas L. Moore is the founder and principal of Two Moons Consulting. Prior to the formation of this training and consulting LLC in 2014, Tom was the Director of Workforce Development for Cherry Health in Grand Rapids. Prior roles included: Director of Informatics, Quality Management and Research for Proaction Behavioral Health Alliance, and Clinical Director of Life Guidance Services. Tom has served as a part-time instructor for Western Michigan University since 1986, in both the Counselor Education and Counseling Psychology (CECP) Department and in the Specialty Program for Alcohol and Drug Abuse (SPADA). He holds graduate degrees in Education and Psychology from Indiana University and Vermont College of Norwich University respectively. Tom is former vice chair and continues to serve on the board of the Michigan Certification Board for Addiction Professionals (MCBAP).
Social Workers: This course qualifies for a maximum of 2 CEs and FULFILLS THE MICHIGAN SOCIAL WORK LICENSING BOARD’S REQUIREMENT FOR LICENSURE RENEWAL FOR PAIN MANAGEMENT. The Community Mental Health Association is an approved provider with the Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative. Approved Provider Number: MICEC 060818. Qualifies as "face-to-face (in-person) education".
Substance Abuse Professionals: CMHAM is approved by Michigan Certification Board for Addiction Professionals (MCBAP). CMHAM maintains the responsibility for the program and content. Substance Abuse Professionals participating in this course may receive a maximum of 2 contact hours. It is important that attendees keep a copy of the conference program brochure containing the workshop descriptions along with their attendance record form.Qualifies as "face-to-face (in-person) education".
Recipient Rights: This course (RCA19-090) qualfies for 2.0 Recipient Rights CEU hours, Category IV (Augmented).
Certificate Awarded: After confirmation that you have fully participated in this training (see Virtual Participation section below), completed the quiz and evaluation, your Continuing Education Certificate will be emailed to you within 30 days of the training.
Virtual Participation: You are expected to actively participate in the webinar. See below for additional information about virtual webinar recommendations and requirements:
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email.
- One week prior to the training you will be send a link to register in Zoom. Be sure to register with the same email used to register on the CMHA website. After registering you will automatically be sent the link and password for the meeting. Webinar links for the training will only be sent to paid registrants.
- Recommend that you save webinar links in your calendar for easy access the day of the training.
- You must watch the webinar LIVE to receive credit for the training.
- Each attendee must participate in the training from their own device in order to receive continuing education credits.
- Video camera must be on at all times and showing the individual. Telephone only option is not acceptable.
- Lack of response to multiple chats directly from moderators may impact your ability to receive continuing education credits.
- Recommend that attendees log into the webinar waiting room at least 15 minutes before the training begins.
- Registration report will indicate arrival time (note for continuing education you must be logged into the virtual training within 5 minutes of the start of the training).
- Polls and/or quizzes will be randomly given with a limited time for attendees to response. This is required for continuing education.
- Internet: A strong internet connection is highly recommended. If your internet service is not able to stream videos, it will likely not be strong enough to support a webinar training. You will want a minimum upload speed of 5mbps. If technology may be an issue for you, please contact CMHA at 517-374-6848 to discuss options further.
- Each training takes place in the time zone of its location and all agenda times reflect that.
- After confirmation that you have fully participated in this training, completed the quiz and evaluation, your Continuing Education Certificate will be emailed to you within 30 days of the training.
Virtual Training Accommodations: If you need accommodations to attend this webinar, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org 10 business days before the event. Information will be updated as applicable.
Grievance: If you have any issues with the way in which this conference was conducted or other problems, you may note that on your evaluation or you may contact CMHAM at 517-374-6848 or through our webpage at www.cmham.org for resolution.
Continuing Education Rules indicate that if you are over 5-minutes late or depart early, you forfeit your CEs for the entire training. Please note that this is a National rule that CMHAM must enforce or we could lose our provider status to provide CEs in the future. This rule will be strictly followed.
|Cancellation Policy||Substitutions are permitted 3 business days prior to the training. No-shows will be billed at the full training rate. Cancellations must be received in writing at least 10 business days prior to the conference for a full refund less a $25 administrative fee. If cancellation is received less than 10 business days prior to the training, no refund will be given. Refunds will be issued within 90 days of the training. You will receive a refund receipt to the email address provided when the original payment was made. If you have not received a receipt, please email your request to email@example.com with registrant and organization name, training name and date, and order number.|