|Start Date||Wednesday, February 12, 2020|
|End Date||Thursday, February 13, 2020|
|Event Times||February 12-13, 2020|
Training and Treatment Innovations - Troy
1225 E. Big Beaver Road, Troy, MI 48083View Google Map
Benefits to Work Coach Training Description: This Benefits to Work Coach training will build on 9 prerequisite modules utilizing the Michigan specific www.mi.db101.org website to access content, calculate projections, and remain a resource to strengthen basic benefits to work knowledge. The in-person 2-day training event will be an interactive opportunity to reinforce lessons in the 9 modules, heighten clarity, and help individuals recognize their informational role and also when and how to effectively refer individuals to a state-wide network of benefits planners. Your presenter has over 10 years field experience, as well as, continuing knowledge development through national organizations and completion of the Community Partner Work Incentives Coordinator training led by Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) under contract with Social Security Administration.
Benefit-to-Work Coach Expectations
• Spend at least 10 hours of their work week delivering the benefit-to-work coaching service
• Assist people with serious mental illness in making a financial plan related to work and public benefits
• Address questions and concerns about the effect of work on benefits
• Provide support with managing benefits
• Assist with addressing benefit issues
• Refer to a Benefits Planner when the beneficiary has a complex situation
Overview of Steps to Micro-Certification
• Complete Approval Form and send to email@example.com
• Be approved to attend training
• Once approved, a link will be sent to register online for the Benefit-to-Work Coach Credential training. Payment must be made at this time.
• Successfully complete nine (9) online modules found on www.improvingmipractices.org. Access to modules will be made available after completion of Step 1.
• Print Certificate of Completion and bring to classroom training. You may be denied access without this certificate of completion.
• Attend the full 2-day Classroom Training
• Please bring a laptop for interactive work related to this training!
• Successfully complete performance exams following classroom training
• Successfully complete annual micro-certification maintenance activities
Registration Fee: $149.00 (complete)
Fee includes: Online modules and two-day classroom training.
Technical assistance and ongoing education opportunities are provided
upon attainment of micro-certification.
Continental breakfast, lunch and snacks provided during the two-day training.
Objectives - Participants will be able to:
• Provide basic information about Federal and State benefits programs (SSI, SSDI, Medicaid, Medicare) and work incentives
• Promote accurate and encouraging messages about benefits and work
• Comfortably debunk prevalent benefit myths
• Use www.MI.DB101.org to support individuals to explore benefits and work opportunities, including accessing/sharing site content and using all basic benefits and work incentives calculators and “try-its”
• Utilize benefits planning decision guide to determine when to provide benefits guidance and when to refer to a Benefits Planner or CWIC for additional support
|Who Should Attend||See full training flier.|
Presenter is Tracy Howard:
Tracy Howard is the Benefit-to-Work Coach State Lead and has worked for Training & Treatment Innovations (TTI) for a decade providing a variety of services related to public benefits and Social Security work incentives, including individualized benefits counseling, presentations and trainings.
She has completed training and obtained credentialing via Cornell University’s Yang Tan Institute on Employment and Disability and attended Virginia Commonwealth University’s Community Work Incentive Coordinator intensive training.
Cancellations must be received in writing at least 10 business days prior to the conference for a full refund less a $25 administrative fee. If cancellation is received less than 10 business days prior to the training, no refund will be given and the full charge will be incurred. Substitutions are permitted at any time.
Severe Weather Policy
Trainings will take place as scheduled and we will not be able to refund training fees. In the event of severe weather, please check the www.macmhb.org website for scheduling delays and event updates.
Mental Health Block Grant Language:
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, through the Michigan Association of Community Mental Health Boards, has provided funding for this initiative through Federal Community Mental Health Block Grant.